Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My new book obsession

Prepare for some obnoxious book raving from me, I guess. These books are the kind that you cant put down, because you cant stop thinking about it. Even if you're not a reader, you'll get pulled in. Here's a little bit of what its about. It's definitely a unique story. It's set a long time into the future here in North America, only it's not America anymore. America was a country that failed a long time ago. Now the country is set up into districts that are ruled by a place called the capitol. The capitol keeps most of the districts in poverty. And to discourage any kind of uprising that had been attempted once before, and to remind everyone how much power the capitol has, they hold an annual event called Hunger Games. You'll have to read them if you wanna know more.
Katniss Everdeen is the main character. Terrible name, but probably one of my favorite heroines. She's tiny but she's tough. And so refreshing that you dont want to smack the whinyness out of her like some other girl character. (*cough*Bella) I dont really know who i'd want to play Katniss. When I read the book for some reason I kept picturing Ellen Page.

Peeta Mellark. Names in the future are weird. I guess that makes sense.
You will fall in love with Peeta even if Katniss doesnt.
I think he'd be a perfect Peeta!
William Mosely
(Peter from Narnia)

Oh, Gale.

I feel so bad for Gale and I want to root for him, and then I dont because I like Peeta too much.

Have you seen "Jane Austen book club" ?

Kevin Zegers was in it and he just screams Gale to me.

In Catching Fire there is a character named Finnick O'Dair. I love his name. Uh oh, I sense another name steal coming. Good thing I'm not pregnant, and with a boy. Finnick is described as one of the most attractive humans everrr. And since Chace Crawford couldnt be my Edward. I choose him as my Finnick pick.

Wouldnt it be awesome if I could cast this movie? It would be full of ridiculously good looking humans.

11 comments:

Jill said...

sounds really good! I love that you recommend books so I can skip over ones that sound awful!!!!!

Jolene said...

I LOVE your picks! Are they making a movie out of Hunger Games or are you wishfully thinking?

ConnieB said...

yes those guys ARE so good looking, it's ridiculous. Wowza.

And.. I really need to read this book after all I've heard about it lately!!

salena said...

They really are making a movie!

Shawn and Tasha said...

My sis Alicia said the same thing about these books- it seems like each time I call her she's reading it (or maybe that's just cause the second one just came out?) I'd pay a pretty penny to see a movie cast by you.:)

Tiffanyann said...

I have been wondering if those were any good. also I read the book Jane austin club but i didn't know there was a movie. how long has it been out.

Holly Garvin said...

I'm so glad you read and posted about this book. I've been wanting to read it for months, but haven't because the synopsis on the back doesn't sound interesting enough. I'll have to add it to my list.

The Scotts said...

I love your choices! I am rooting for Gale even though we don't know so much about him. I feel bad for Peeta but she has only been with him for like 4 or 5 weeks! Gale deserves her!!! I hope book 3 is all about him!

THE BROWN FAMILY said...

I like your picks for Gale and Finnick, spot on!

The Roberts Family said...

he is yummy!!! and the books look good too :)

Michelle McClure said...

Mmmm must get these ... books.