Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fa Family Reunion

This year the reunion was here in Mesa! The last couple times it was in San Fran and Oregon and we werent able to go. It was so much fun and great to see cousins and family that I havent seen in like 7 years! Not everyone was there... but I learned that with the 13 living siblings (out of 17 kids total) that my dad has, there are 56 grandchildren and close to 70 great grandchildren! Insane, right? And its all because of these 2:
Uaisele and Fangapulotu Fa

We started off the reunion with breakfast on Thanksgiving day. We came a little late and all the food was pretty much gone,except for keke (little sweet bread balls, deep fried..lots of yums) which are my favorite anyways. My parents and fam & aunt were in charge of food this day and they managed to produce ALOT of yummy food. I have never seen so many turkeys. Sorry about all the food talk but... reunion+thanksgiving weekend+tongans= a whole lot of food!

Here's the whole crew..

(dont look for me in here, we were riding the train when they did these pictures..but they waved to us! :))

FA 2nd generation

Thanksgiving night....

TALENT SHOW: These are my cousin Veni's daughters,
they are like incredibly gorgeous and they are great dancers. (look at that hair... jealous!)

my bro Vuna singing some Buble..

my nephews jamming it up ..jason mraz "I'm yours"

cute little evan

BBQ at the park on Friday...

cousin Veni, Evalesi, sister Ana Didnt my cousin Veni do an amazing job on the reunion shirts? He has twin boys that were born a month after my twins and so he made some shirts for Embry and Jasper. They took a picture of all the twins together but I dont have it.

my dad his siblings
(not pictured: Ane and Matui)

me, sione and my cousin Resa who I havent seen in forever! I love her!

2nd generation boys 2nd generation girls..

At the dance later that night.. me, Sione, George and Faron

I love how I didnt remember about the big turkey juice stain on my pants until after I re-wore these! my cute parents

Saturday morning was our last get together at my uncle Cary's house. They had a fry bread stand in their back yard and I mightve had a little too much. You gotta get a taco one and a honey one right?..no. I guess if you want 7 lbs in 3 days, which feels awesome by the way! This last meeting was SO much fun. They played a Fa trivia game 1st generation vs. 2nd generation and my aunties were cracking me up! The questions were like "What year did grandma and grandpa get married?" which I got wrong..It was 1940? I said 49..derr my dad was born in 44!
Anyways, afterwards my dad got up and was asking his own questions pretending he was going to give money to who answered right but really just wanted attention...so my dad! :) He was like "Who here has the most twins in the family...or who has the most grandchildren" which he doesnt. But then my auntie Betty got up and said "How many handicaps are in the family?" HAHA! And then my cousin said "Which uncle has had the most girlfriends?"(not my dad:) I was dying laughing! I guess you had to be there. But my family and cousins are hilarious, it was good times.
Here's a video of my cousin Sitiveni's daughters dancing...

5 comments:

Camille Witter said...

Thats so cool! I dont think i've ever been to a family reunion on either sides of my family. Lame! I want a cool family reunion shirt to wear too. maybe thats what i'll ask for christmas, a family reunion with a tshirt :)

Sarah said...

I am so jealous! You have a great family. I have never been to a family reunion either, and a lot of my extended family is too weird to hang out with. :S Glad you had a great time, but we missed you at Becca's!

ConnieB said...

This is awesome! i'm so glad you got to be with your family this year- I wish my family had reunions!

Tiffany Haynes said...

I'm so glad you found me!
I love family reunions. I have tons of family and cousins on my moms side, about like yours. Rob was so overwhelmed when he came to our first family reunion. I think it's a blast. Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving.

Jolene said...

I love your family! I miss your parents - they are some of the kindest, most generous people I have ever known! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Family is the best!