Monday, February 15, 2010

whas happenin hot stuff?

It was a cold weekend for camping! It was the babies first time and they did so good at night, I was shocked. I had to keep putting my hands on their face to make sure they werent frozen solid. I guess it was only 40 degrees, still I was too frozen to sleep and my bladder was about to burst. But I was too scared to go pee in the dark. Finally I heard Steven getting up and somehow we all ended up getting warm in the Berkey's car at 3 in the am. It seems kind of messed up that we were in the nice warm car while the kids were in the chilly tent. But they were actually sleeping!
They were sound asleep all night! (I was just pretending)

The only picture I got of the group..

Steven was our fire starter... we couldnt have ground fires, lame!

the babies were however, not happy the next morning. Their hands were frozen and kept getting upset. I bundled them up with big blankets, but until the sun came out they were pretty upset. I love their faces right here. We were laughing so hard at Jasper, his poor hand was shaking while he was trying to bring the poptart to his mouth to take a bite.

Despite being chilly, we had so much fun! We made smores with the kids while a peach cobbler baked in a dutch oven. It was so yummy, and thats all I used was a yellow cake mix, a can of diet 7-up, and a big can of peaches! For breakfast we cooked sausauge gravy to pour over biscuits in the dutch oven and it was way better than I thought it would turn out! Eating while camping is the best isnt it?

On Thursday we had a Valentines Party for the kids. I was so excited about them picking and passing out Valentines since I remember it being so fun in school! I love how creative (the moms) got in decorating the mailboxes. Mine was just a wrapped shoe box but Bastien is easy to please. :)

opening their valentines!

Food really does bring people together. If I give them snacks they always sit together on the floor really cute-like.

Yesterday I made heart sugar cookies with the kids..

...it's a shame they were a little too good and now I am on major damage control for the 10 I ate last night. Lets eat til we throw up! Hope everyone had a hot valentines day.

8 comments:

Brandi said...

I wanna go camping!! Looks like fun, but would be WAY too freezing here!! :0)

Bekah Parker said...

Looks like such a fun camping trip!! I haven't gone camping in forever and I really need to go again. This post made me kind of miss it! And PS...you look great!

ConnieB said...

the kids are so cute all bundled up! And look at you hot mamma!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Dang Salena, you're one HOT mama!:) We definitely gorged ourselves in sweets this month already (Shawn's bday, valentine's, etc...), and we still have clayton's birthday tomorrow!

I can't believe how BIG your boys are already!! They're so darn cute!

Nikki said...

I would love 40 degree weather! I don't even know if I would wear a coat!

You look hot! Losing weight and happy! You're gorgeous Momma!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

I can't believe they slept all night for you! Lucky! I'm terrified to go camping because I don't think Ryder would sleep at all and then neither would I and then it would suck. Hmmm. I'm sad I missed the V-Day party. We had a hard night before and ended up sleeping right through the party for like 3.5 hours! I woke up and looked at the time and CRAP we missed it. I even had the mailbox made. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

looks like fUn..now I wanna go camping. Everyone's gotta have some good sugar cookies once in a while..right?? You look good Salena..lOoKiNg gOoD! :]

Tiffany Haynes said...

What a fun camping trip. I have yet to be brave enough to take Nolan camping. Some day....maybe.

I know exactly what you mean about the binkie. And until you said it, I don't think I realized why I have not wanted to get rid of Nolan's binkie. If it's gone it does mean he's not my baby anymore and that's just too sad to think about. Plus it makes bedtime so much more enjoyable. Again, I'll get rid of it someday...maybe:)