Monday, November 1, 2010

howloween

i figured while the twins are still little enough not to care what they are for halloween, they should be their "names" while i can get away with it! I wanted Bastien to be a vampire so bad, he would've looked way cool as one with his hair... but he wouldnt buy it. With Embry's, I luckily found a star wars wookie costume at savers for 9 bucks that was a size 8 for kids, but i cut it down to his size & sewed cutoff jean shorts to try to stick to the embry character. when i was done, steven said it looked like a bear costume with shorts..so i added a ripped up shirt as well. I made a headband with ears out of the leftover fur & I love how it went with his little head of curls. For Jasper's vampire costume, obviously i couldnt make him a true cullen vampire because he wouldnt look like anything & the costume would be a bit boring.So i added some tradtional vampire to it. I tried to do his hair Cullenish. & saw this saying online & made a shirt out of it.
The cape was a pain to make & you cant really see the whole thing in these pictures, but i wanted him to have one that wasnt a cheap umbrella material one you'd find at walmart. i will never sew stretchy satin again, though! i was so worried that things wouldnt turn out like i wanted but i was happy with the end..i already have a whole theme planned for next year..so everyone better be on board!
we went trick or treating with the berkey's again this year..they're fun trick or treating friends!nicole made her kids costumes, too. I loved the Robin costume, & everyone got a kick out of jorgen's ghost costume..he was adamant about it being a charlie brown ghost & you just dont see this costume anymore! he was entertaining to watch, he'd stand by a bush thinking it was a person with candy.
bastien & his best friend Gunnar
this was the only time we've actually told Jasper to Bite Embry.
after trick or treating, we ended up back at my parents. My niece Tali was Ponyo & she was killing me how she'd pose in character for the camera.

5 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

So cute Salena! Seriously!

Nikki said...

THE COOLEST COSTUMES GO TO THE LANGFORDS!! So totally awesome!!! Great job!

Sarah and Trent said...

What amazing costumes!! I love it!!

Sara said...

I found your blog. I hope you don't mind me spying on you :)

Shawn and Tasha said...

I can't believe you did it!! That is so stinkin funny!!!:) The costumes turned out way cute, and you're right- probably the only year you'll ever be able to get away with something like this.;)