Saturday, January 21, 2012

soccer

Bastien started his soccer practices this morning. Bastien wasnt too sure about wanting to do soccer for a while. I told him he could try it and see if he liked it. and I didnt talk about it again because that's never a good idea with Bastien. If you act too excited about somethings with him, he tends to even it out by acting the opposite way. A Bastien-ism he's had since he was a little guy. But yesterday, he saw i bought him shin guard socks & a ball and has been super excited ever since. He had so much fun this morning playing sharks & minnows and he even played some more soccer in the backyard for a while after we got home. He has practices the next 5 weeks, then 6 weeks of games. His teams name is The Tigers. The kids all voted on it. I could tell Bastien liked being apart of a team.
this guy doesnt happily last very long at parks. he spent most of the time trying to eat all the grass.
oh and right when we got there the twins both said they had to pee. i didnt say anything and then they asked "can we go to that tree?" and i just kinda quietly said "mmhmm" and then turned around and acted like i didnt see them do it. i never know the rules with this. i figure they are still really little, we're at a park with no bathroom, we just got there and i'm not going to pack up everyone, and it's super fast & easy cause they're boys, right? don't they have a free pass while they're little? :)

4 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Way to go Bastien! And that is the cutest picture of Finnick. Miss you guys!

Lyndsay Winters said...

My opinion is if everyone is okay with dogs peeing on trees and grass at our parks, then they can't complain about kids doing it. Total free pass.

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I love Lyndsay's answer. Totally agree LOL!

Emily Meyers said...

Hello! I'm a new blogging/writer and I just added myself to your followers for support, Maybe you could come follow me too?
thanks!
Emily from http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/