Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

It wasnt long enough, but they never are! On Thanksgiving morning at 8:30am we went to Kevin and Kendra's house for breakfast, where Steven's family was meeting. We had lots of yummy food and watched Iron Man. Jasper was pretty tired from missing his a.m. nap and fell asleep in their lovesac. (I've never had kids that fall asleep just anywhere, so I had to take a pic)

We headed out to Maricopa where my sister Mary lives for Thanksgiving lunch at 1pm. We were missing a few people but the food and company was great! They even rented a superman bounce house, which Bastien was deathly afraid of at first because of the noise the fan was making (Sometimes he gets afraid of sounds) But after a couple hours of convincing, he ended up loving it! My brother Vuna brought his kareoke machine, which I got a little obsessed with at one point. (I blame that on my dad) Hopefully I didnt injure anyones ears too bad..ahh who cares it's only family.

Friday night Steven watched the kids while I saw Twilight with my mom.
I wonder what else is playing at the theater?
Thank goodness for handy husbands! When we were leaving the house we realized our deadbolt lock broke to where you cant lock it from the outside, and that's the only lock on the door. So he locked it from the inside, then locked the backdoor and hopped the fence. Oh and last week he fixed the clogged up garbage disposal (gross!) after I felt water on my feet at the sink, it was leaking like crazy under there! If he wasnt here or wasnt handy like he is, I wouldnt be able to use the kitchen sink or leave the house without leaving it unlocked!

The rest of the weekend we just kinda hung out..it was nice. We were supposed to put the Christmas tree up yesterday. But everyone was pretty tired after church, so I think we'll do it tonight.

4 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

I am so sad we didn't get together but I will have a lot more time during Christmas break.

So I saw Twilight for the first time last week and I really liked it. Edward is super cute and I about died when he was in the suit at prom. There were some definite cheesy parts but overall I really liked it. Just wanted to tell you since I know how much you loved it.:)

Anonymous said...

Kinda funny...I come to your blog to listen to the Twilight soundtrack. LoVe it! So how many times have you seen it now? I talked David into seeing it with me last night, and he loved it. I was totally shocked. I thought he would think it was lame cause he has not read the books and it is a love story and all. :) I SO gonna see it again with Brandi when I go to Texas for Christmas.

Carie said...

Man you must have liked Twilight a lot! I however was forced to go and sit through Bolt! I snuck out and caught a few minutes of Twilight, it looks good except for Edwards white face and really red lips!

Tuihalalalala said...

Thanks for your great dessert of cream cheese pumpkin and also the oreo chunk cookies YUMMMM.I only got one of those. Well how do like how we sent everyone from our house with tummy aches, bruises and burns......Well I was surprised with the sparklers Vuna brought, but the kids had a great time with them. Christines' kids woke up that next morning all sore from jumping that whole afternoon.Thanks for making it to our house. P.s Sake said it was fun hanging with Steven, quote
"Steven's a funny guy, I should hang out with him more"