Friday, February 13, 2009

Grateful

It's been a year since one of the scariest day of my life. The day I thought my 2 week old baby was dying in front of me. There wasnt alot of communication from the time they did the EKG to him being run to the emergency room. SO I'm thinking he's having a heart attack. But luckily SVT is the type of thing that can be helped immediately with the right treatment. The thing I'm so thankful for is his pediatrician and the fact that he caught it in enough time since it can really wear out a newborns heart. I'm also very grateful that his heart looked perfect in the ultrasound and he's never had an episode since. He stopped his medication at 6 months and the doctor said that there is a possibility that it can come back when he's older and is active and plays sports or whatever. But it's easier to see the symptoms when they are older because they can tell you something is wrong. Jasper just seemed like a very good baby and a great sleeper! I would have to wake him up to eat, he'd eat then fall back asleep. Looking back that was lethargy and that is a symptom. But thats why its so scary with newborns, only a pediatrician couldve caught it.
Jasper is such a sweet little spirit and I cant imagine my life without him!
-He's so lovey and sweet to me all the time. When I hold him I can definitely count on him resting his head on my chest. Which I love cause Bastien was not a cuddler whatsoever. And Embry is too busy these days for mushy stuff.
-I love how he points to things and says "Hassa" (What's that) in a cute little whisper.
-He is going to be the peacemaker, I can tell. I can count on one hand the times I've seen him take a toy away from his brothers and he still loves Bastien and smiles at him even though Jasper seems to be the one who gets picked on by Bastien all day.
-He's got such a sensitive little heart:) His pouty lip makes me melt and He doesnt like being talked to sternly and he is very good at listening to mommy (for now) when I tell him no or ask him to hand me something. If I say no to Embry, he laughs! Which is still really cute, for now.
-I would say if one gets more attention, it's Embry. Especially with the Tongans:) Because of his big eyes and more polynesian features..Embry has more of an outgoing personality in public also. Jasper will cry if he realizes one of the 4 adults in his comfort circle are not within a 1 foot radius. (Me, Steven, My mom or my sister Ana) But Jasper such a pretty boy with his big lips and angel face! I'm going to have to keep those girls at a distance until after his mission for sure:)

10 comments:

Camille Witter said...

nice and healthy now :) Hey I thought your blog was private?

Brandi said...

Those are some sweet pics! :0) Those boys are going to both be heart breakers for sure!! :0) I love how they have such different personalities, that makes it more exciting!! :0)

Ana said...

I love the fact that Jasper is so COOL with me i feel privilege to be in his "TOP 4" and of course Embry too..he does his little dive reach for me when he see's me ... luv LOVE these boys ... BASTIEN included...

Carie said...

We watched Biggest loser last night and i had to share my funny story...Jamey(husband of mine) says oh look how good simone is doing, I say it's not simone it's sione, and he says no you know from lion king, and I say you idiot thats simba, and it's not simone, and it's not simba it's sione! It made me laugh so hard!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl..I can relate and that is a scary situation to be in. Im so glad he is doing well today. It does give you a whole new appreciation for life, and your kids lives. Well said. Love the pics.

Hey Im laughing about your comment..YOU perv YOU! :) I will post some pics soon, after a lot of the swelling is gone. (clothed pics of course) :0)

Anonymous said...

You also have to let me know how you changed the font of your blog. We battled this a few months back, and couldn't get it to where everyone could see it that way. HOW? I must know...IF you wanna tell me that is. Looks awesome anyway.

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU!

Steph said...

Salena, Long time no see! I did however flip when I saw your brother on the biggest looser!! You have such attractive kids! I loved reading this story!

Shawn and Tasha said...

I couldn't even imagine what you went through! I can't believe it's already been a year! What a sweet little boy.

Tuihalalalala said...

I love Jasper too I wish I could see him more...Maybe if I lived nearer I would be in the top 5.