Anyways, once I got to the bikes, I see that my lovely tire decided to go flat on me. It's one of those tires that needs an adapter for the pump, so I was looking everywhere for someone who had a pump with the tiny hole. I finally found one, pumped it up then wheeled it out..well I guess I did it poorly because before I could even get on my bike the tire was flat again. So I went back and pumped it up again really good. I was so nervous the whole time biking thinking the tire was gonna go flat, so it made me go as fast as I could the whole time just trying to get it over with before it did. Luckily it never did! The biking was so much better this time. No hills had something to do with it. When I was riding in I saw Steven driving and he was coming to make sure I hadnt gone flat. When I was done with the biking I thought I'm good I can so run right now. Then I got off my bike and my legs felt otherwise. They were like Insanely STIFF. Last time they werent this bad. Weird, too because the Payson biking was extremely difficult, but my legs felt okay when I was running. I just couldnt seem to get my legs to unstiffen the whole time. It felt like my legs wouldnt bend and I was going nowhere. I kinda walked/jogged the whole time. I havent really been running as much as I did before the Payson one. Not that I got a good time in Payson, but it felt easier to jog than today. When I was running to the finish, Steven yelled "Good job, and I didnt lose Jasper at all" I guess he lost him for a while and had to have the guy announce it. I'm glad I missed that!
Overall I had so much fun again. I still feel like i wasnt ready or any better than the last one. But it's fun to do something challenging. And it's fun to get a shirt! Especially a long sleeved one! :) Next time though I want to be way more prepared and feel like I did my best. And no more mountain bikes..I'm tired of you dumb roadies passing me! 'look at my tires, they're so skiNNy'

5 comments:
Man I want to do one of these sometime! It has always been a goal of mine, unfortunatly having Kreed has prevented this, but maybe someday!
Good job!
Congrats!! That is so awesome!!
After this baby is born I want to train to do one of these with you! Please hold me to it!
Way to go girl!! That is awesome..you had me laughing at the part where you were getting out of the pool, with your jelly arms..and when you were running feeling like you are going o where. Thanks for sharing your story....
Your awesome!! :-)
Wow, you did good! I'm sure that I could do better. Do you plan on your next one soon or is that too soon to ask. My brother is looking at one in Dec. maybe I might do that one.
Post a Comment