we leave oklahoma in 3 weeks! steven has been here 13 weeks, us 9. we are getting really excited to come back to az. but i also feel like this place has majorly grown on me. i love looking out my window & seeing big green trees. I love being able to jog at 8:30am in the summer without dying of heat stroke. i love steven leaving for work at 9:15..i always wake up in a better mood when steven is still there in bed. dates here are like disneyland, the sitter has prices like disneyland, too. (what happened to 10 dollars being amazing for the whole night?) but it has always felt so worth it since i never see steven as it is. let alone just the 2 of us! last saturday the boys made their goal & we got taken out to a dinner & a movie. first we went to a mexican restaurant called alfredos. it reminded me of that Cravings place in Queen Creek. it was allright. i think i'm just biased to my precious Rosa's. Then we went to the 9:30 showing of "Inception". That movie was like mind boggling. i couldnt stop thinking about it for days & actually dreamed within my dream a couple nights later. I loved all the actors in it..Leo is amazing. His movies are always nuts. Has anyone seen The Beach or Shutter Island? ( not that i recommend them) I liked seeing Ellen Page outside of her usual Juno character. I love her & i'm glad she has more to her as an actress than just sarcastic comedy. (which i still like)
Anyways, it was way fun to hang out with the Moxie group & i cant wait for our Cali trip! it has been fun having Steven work for a company with fun things to look forward to! We get to go to Newport for 4 days after we get back to AZ-kidless! I have been dying for a vacation. its long overdue! not really dying to wear a swimsuit but i have only myself to blame for that. My 30 lb summer goal has only been 7. booo to myself.
i think this summer has been really good for me. I have appreciated Steven so much more. I got really used to the 6-3pm schedule he had before & took it for granted. I realize how much I need Steven to feel like a better mom, but at the same time I have felt like I actually can do things by myself & i dont need to rely on steven (or my mom:) for everything. does that make sense?
I'm looking forward to getting back to seeing Steven before 10pm. and i'm so looking forward to seeing my family & friends! see you soon..21 days to be exact.
ps- dont you like the ingrid michaelson songs on my playlist? it always feels like striking gold when i find great new songs!
5 comments:
We will for sure need to get together when you get back.
Sweet! We are all excited to see you guys, but I'm glad things are going well in OK. And I loved those pictures of you and Steven from your last post. You look so beautiful (and still do)!!
okay- so. it went fast, right? i mean, slow fast. good for some reasons, lame for diets, right?
i am counting down too- see you in a few weeks- !!! love love.
I can't believe it's already been 9 weeks! I'm sure it feels like longer for you guys, but you'll be back before you know it. I know what you mean about not having to rely on Steven- I felt like that when Sione was gone on the show. I had family all around me, but still not the same as your husband. :)
3 more weeks still? Dang. You are a strong woman. When Jon sold pest control last summer I was sucha nag cuz he was never home and it drove me crazy. And I only had 1 kid! Don't know how you do it with 3.
Post a Comment