Sunday, February 3, 2008

My stay at the hospital ...birth story

We were all ready Sunday night to go to bed and wake up bright and early to be at the hospital 5am on Monday morning. Then the hospital called and said that my doctor's flight had been delayed and wouldnt be in until later Monday. They said luckily they had an opening at 5pm. Sunday had already gone by SO slow! Another few hours seemed like torture! But my mom took Bastien a little early and we got to go see a movie before we went to the hospital. We saw "27 dresses" ..which was really good! Then we went to the hospital at 3. We ended up getting pushed back another hour and a half because there was a lady there who was also having twins that had to have an emergency csection. So they were born at 6:38 and 6:39 pm! After they gave me the spinal block I laid down and felt SO nauseous!! Finally after giving me something for it I started to feel great. And I could actually see the surgery a little bit because the light that was above me had a stainless steel part that kinda worked like a mirror. It didnt gross me out at all, I kinda wish they wouldve just let me watch it. But I could kinda see each baby being pulled out! Their little cries were so cute! I was "glued" back together with something called "derma bond" I thought that was kinda cool, last time I had staples. So after, they moved me to the recovery room where they gave the babies a sponge bath. My face started itching like Crazy! They said that was normal and gave me something for it. I was worried that my recovery room experience might be like last time where I had fierce abdominal pain and the nurses had to push on my stomach, and it wasnt numb anymore. But nope, this time I felt great! I think it had something to do with not going through all that labor before hand and also I think this time my doctor really cleaned out my uterus so I didnt have a lot of clots. We got to our room and had some visitors...My mom and da, my sister Ana and Bastien came! It was so fun to see Bastien see them. He was trying to tickle the babies, it was really cute. Then Steven's sister Becca came and Steven's Dad and Stepmom Donna. The first night they had me get up and walk to the bathroom and it honestly wasnt that bad. I think it was so bad last time cause I had waited a whole day before I got up. Walking around after suregery actually makes you feel tons better. The second day is a different story...I was in alot of pain most of the day with terrible gas pains and they wouldnt take out my IV or give me percoset OR let me eat until I passed gas. (gross, but hey this is a birth story) I finally got to eat at 11pm (28 hours later..I hadnt eaten since 8 am monday morning) But we had alot of visitors Tuesday, too. My sister Mary and her husband. My brother Sione. Brian and Sarah (Steven's brother and wife) and my (soon to be) sister in law Kendra. Wednesday and Thursday were better. I dont even remember Wednesday. But Thursday the boys were circumcised at 5 am and then at around noon we got to go home! I really liked the new hospital and the romms were pretty fancy with their flat screen tv's and when I finally got to eat on Wednesday they have room service! They have a menu with breakfast lunch and dinner and you can call and order anytime between 7am-7pm and they will bring you what you order. And the food was pretty good, too. Also, the nurses were awesome which always makes it a better experience. A couple hours after they were born Embry Vuna Jasper Tevita
They had this everyday at 3..A lady would wheel this old fashioned stoller full of cookies around to each room. I thought it was so cute! (Thanks again Ana, for taking all these pictures so I could put them on my blog!)

No comments: