Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth and the corner

July 4th is my mom's bday and also the anniversary of the day my nephew recieved a heart transplant (12 years ago!) so we always have a mixture of celebrations each year. We did a potluck and I made the apple snicker salad again.. the right way with vanilla pudding and more snickers..since Nicole kindly pointed out how I did it wrong last time, thanks!:) It was alot yummier. Also I made a crockpot cake but I ended up burning it..so yeah maybe next time. I didnt really get a good picture of all 3 but at least they each have a cute picture.
This first one I thought was cute of Embry and here's Bastien's weird picture smile again..

Bastien's cute picture.. He's getting a haircut tommorrow..I'm so nervous!

Jasper looks like his sneaky little self here..

Steven put Embry in the corner after he did something naughty..just to be funny and Embry took it seriously and he wouldnt leave it..he was sad at first but after a while he'd start smiling but then when we'd talk to him and tell him he could come out, he'd pretend to be soo sad. This kid cracks me up.

I tried it again today when he kept opening the fridge-I told him to go to the corner just to see if he would..and he did! He's so funny cause he wont move a muscle in the corner. I'm sure this will get old to him soon...just like it did with Bastien.

I'm SO done with Highchairs!
This is my life with highchairs: At meal times when they act hungry,I put them in with their food. They eat a bite then throw the rest on the ground. They scream to get out. They are in the high chairs a total of 5 minutes and then I have 2 trays to clean 3 times a day. Yep, I'm done. So far they have been eating so much better at the table...and we are all happier.

..except now they steal eachothers food.

I wanted to show Cassy, Vuna and Jenny how much Bastien loves the train set that you let him use! ! Thanks, this kid is in choo choo heaven.

6 comments:

EmileeandJonny said...

hey I want that recipe for the snickers dessert- I LOVE snickers. by the way, you are looking SO good! way to be good about working out!

ConnieB said...

it's so hard getting pictures of little kids :p
Cute shirt by the way!

I'm so happy you won the contest! I'll send you the bracelet this week!!!

Camille Witter said...

I will also have that recipe asap. Sounds delish! Aww youre cutting bastiens hair? He looks like a little surfer dude though. I hope you never cut mr. curly's hair! The boys are to cute! Time to add a little girl ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds YuMmY...I wanna know more about this yummy snicker salad..Mmmmmm! Your looking good Salena..keep it up! I also love that corner shot...those make for some of the cutest shots. :)

Shawn and Tasha said...

Okay hottie, you're lookin mighty fine!!! Ow ow!:) I would have said I'm totally with you on the highchair/booster seat as of last week, but Packer's been put right back in it. He hates it, but honestly does WAY better when he's in it. He always gets out of his seat and doesn't eat very well when it's just the chair, so maybe we'll try again soon. Maybe your boys are just better behaved than mine.:)

Giles Fam said...

What a fun day--and Salena--you look so good!!