Thursday, August 20, 2009

What we've been doing all summer...

I feel pretty good about how much my kids have been getting out of the house this summer. We've been going to the pool a couple times a week and meeting our friends...I'm glad we set up a certain time to go every week otherwise I probably wouldnt do it, and I love seeing Bastien's face light up when I say..."Guess what?? Today we're going to the pool". But I cant tell him until a few minutes before we go or I wont hear anything else but,"When are we going..you're taking so long" We usually go to our apartment pool, but today we went to a friends pool. I usually bring the twins of course but I had just been at my moms for the day and she watched them while I took Bastien. It was nice since the twins dont actually want to swim whenever we go. They just want to run around the pool, jump in at the other end where I'm not, or throw food and peoples shoes in. I mean that's fun and all, but it was nice little break to just go with Bastien today.
Isn't Jorgen adorable? Yesterday he was stung by a bee and Bastien kept talking about it saying "poor baby jorgen..that bee was so mean" Then later during the day I made him go to his room for doing something naughty and he was clearly upset about it and let out a pretty loud yell. I was like "Uh oh I guess you have to stay in there longer" And he's all "I'm sorry..I wasnt yelling at you I was yelling because I was so sad about Jorgen getting stung by a bee" Nice save buddy!
On the way home from church Bastien asked what his new friend's name was and later he said
"I like my friend Paka..he has cute hair!"

6 comments:

Camille Witter said...

i bet you're super tan!

Anonymous said...

How fUn! I"s say the tan has got to be an added bonus.. :)

Anonymous said...

Or I guess you don't really need one..

o1ohana said...

cute post. why do my kids look so angry? ha ha. i found you! we need to do this again soon..my son was asking about your son today and i'm sure he thinks bastians hair is cute too. :)

salena said...

AMy! Add me to your blog!

salenabena05@msn.com

ConnieB said...

SO fun! I regret not making it to that pool the whole 2 1/2 years we lived there... we went to our own though. I guess that's still fun? ;]