Yesterday was REALLY scary! Jasper is in the NICU for his heart! On Monday at his 2 week checkup the doctor said his heart rate was a little faster than he'd like and wanted to see him again on Wednesday. So yesterday he said it went even higher and he had me go straight to a cardiologist near Banner Desert and they did an EKG (dont know what it stands for) but it checks your heart rythym. Well the nurse leaves the room with the results and 5 minutes later like 5 people come into the room along with the cardiologist and they are saying that he needs to go to the ER right now! I started freaking out inside and couldnt stop the tears. The doctor didnt want to wait for the paramedics to come. He just wanted to walk him over. He had me go with him and he is like, running to the ER! I am still FREAKING out but trying not to lose it again. It was so sad to see him getting all hooked up to monitors and an iv. They gave him medicine which made his heart rate go down, But they said they would have to keep him in the NICU for a few days. They said what he has is called SVT and it basically means his heart is beating so fast that its not pumping oxygen and blood to the rest of his body properly. They did an ultrasound of his heart and his heart looked perfect..which is a big relief cause that means no surgery or anything. The doctor told me that he will most likely have to be on medication for at least 6 months and its something they usually grow out of. I'm so glad he is doing ok! The nurses in the NICU thought he was so cute and thought he was a HUGE baby..because they are used to having preemies in there. I love my little Jasper and hope he gets to come home soon! I hate that I live 45 minutes away from Banner Desert!
I will blog more as soon as I get the internet next week. I'm at my sisters right now.
9 comments:
Oh.man that made my tears come...even though i just talked to you and you said he was okay for now. Sorry Sleena, that would make any good mother very Freaked out. We wil definitely keep Jasper Tevita Langford, in our prayers. May the Lord watch over him and keep him safe so we can have him for keeps and so he can fulfill his mission here on the earth.
OMG! That is so scary. I'm glad everythings going to be okay. My husband works at that ER, but he wasn't working yesturday.
I don't think I have ever prayed so hard in my life.. I am so glad he's doing better I love them and can't live without either of them .. it was fun watching Embry today he's such a sweetie.. i couldn't stop looking at him,,,,so beautiful.. well i know you forgot it was Valentine's ...but I hope you have a happy ♥ Day ♥ Ana
God bless, we will keep little Jasper in our hearts and prayers. We won't forget you either, lets face it I think it may be harder on our big Mom hearts then their tiny ones.
I'm so sorry to hear about little Jasper - we will definitely be praying for you guys. Please let me know if you need any help.
I hope that he will be home soon, and I"m so glad that he doesn't need surgery!
Salena, my heart goes out to you. I am SO sorry, but I'm glad he's doing better. When I read this I got all choked up, so Shawn wanted to know why...I couldn't read it out loud! (tears!) We're glad he's doing better & we'll be sure to keep all of you in our prayers.
so sad to hear about jasper...hope things go well for him...he is a strong little man and definitely will pull through this! :)
What a terrifying thing to have to go through! I hope things are continuing to get better with Jasper! We'll keep him in our prayer!
I'm sorry you are going through that! We will keep him in our prayers. Looks like he is being taken care of and he will be home very soon.
Post a Comment