I just saw this last week and it made me want to read all of her books. Pride and prejudice, Emma, and Sense and Sensibility are 3 movies that I can watch over and over. Seriously, I'll rewind the part at the end of Sense and sensibility a few times, where Edward proposes ..then I wanna watch it again. I dont know about the ending of Pride and Prejudice where he says "Mrs. Darcy...Mr's Darcy, Mr's Darcy Mr's Darcy.." a million times..that was kinda akward.
Anyways, I figured since I LOVE the movies..the books will probably be even better..I dont know why I havent already read them.
I'll start with Emma. Because I have that book but never read it. Then there are other's she wrote that I havent even seen the movies. Like ...
Persuasion ( I almost rented it once, but the people on the cover were ugly...sorry I'm shallow when it comes to movies..) Oh and,
Mansfield Park, Lady Susan, Northanger Abbey, and of course Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensiblilty. If any of you have read these books..let me know which ones to start with. I'm trying to figure out which part of the day I can find some reading time...since I cant even find any sleeping time. I guess if I still find time to blog..i'll find some time to read:) Once the babies start sleeping through the night..I'll have more time! But things are getting better though! They both slept 4 hours last night! 11:30- 3:30! That was the most amazing sleep ever..I've never felt so rejuvenated at 3:30 am!
By the way, wasnt James McAvoy strangely hot in "Becoming Jane" ?
I never thought I'd think Mr. Tumnus was attractive


8 comments:
Isn't Jane Austen the greatest of great! She knew exactly how to reach every woman's heart. I heard that movie was great- now I'm gonna have to go see it. I haven't read her books yet either...but definitely something I would really like to do.
I bought that movie... I did make me wanna actually read the books too! instead of just watch ing the movies ..plus i heard that Pride and Prejudice ...YOu have to read it's ... way better .. so we should start up our own Jane Austen's Book club...i kinda wanna see that movie too!!
LOL! Love the comparison pics of James McAvoy.
I agree with Ana - I LOVE the P&P movies, but the book is better! If you have a love for the P&P characters from the movies, it makes the book even better.
Have you seen Mansfield Park with Frances O'Connor? If not, you should.
Now that I think of it, I probably should read more of Jane's books too. Not so good at that. Let me know if you get to Persuasion. I have that book and never read it. Maybe we can do it together.
Well I have not seen any of those! I guess I have a few movies I need to go out and rent! I do Love a good Love story....so Im sure I would love them!
of course i can do one for you .. just send me the photo's you want me to use ....and colors you want...
i just watched becoming jane on sunday and i couldn't think what movie he was in! that is hilarious! and yeah, when i was watching the movie, i couldn't get enough of him...the ending was sad though...
I couldn't agree with you more! I am a Jane Austen Addict - even though I've only read a few of her books. I LOVED Pride & Prejudice - so much better than the movie (with Keira Knightly), even though I LOVED that movie too! I have read Emma too, but that one was hard for me to get into - even though I'm obsessed with the movie. I'm thinking about trying it again though, because I was kinda young when I read it! I read Northanger Abbey too, but don't really remember it!
I would say start with P & P, but I'm sure they are all good! You have made me want to start reading again - maybe I will!
That movie was revealing for her books..I have som,e of her collection Let's start our Jane Austen readngs...I'm going to organize it if you don't
Post a Comment