Monday, August 18, 2008

Settled in..mostly.

(notice a jealous and frustrated Jasper in the background)

I'm not finished unpacking...but the apartment is starting to feel cozy. I'm glad I finally feel this way about it since I was not feeling it the first few days. There were a few disasters in the beginning and they had to do with smells(dog pee), noisy neighbors and laughably small closets. Luckily, we got rid of the previous tenant's smells (Hopefully we just didnt get used to them), the neighbors havent been as noisy as those first couple nights, and then decided I was just spoiled with my old walk in closets and just got rid of some more crap. But, I am really liking it here! It's so nice being close to everything. I dont have to pack for the whole day just to go to a dr's appointment. By the way, Embry and Jasper had their 6 month checkup today and Embry weighs 18 lbs 8 oz. and Jasper is 17 lbs 5 oz. And they are both 28 inches long. The doctor was suprised it was their 6 month checkup. He said they looked like 9 month old babies. I havent seen any 9 month old babies lately so I cant really compare. Embry is army crawling all over the place. I was so not ready for that! I was counting on 8 months since that's when Bastien got around to it. I think that's when Jasper will probably, too.
Here are some pictures I took before we moved. I took a picture of Bastien in a Santa hat when he was 6 months old. And when I was packing I found some old hats I had of Bastien's. And the twins modeled them very nicely, I must say. (sorry there's so many..they were too many cute ones!)

And the best news of all....
Steven is buying the truck from his dad. Bastien calls it the "Mater truck"
...but this means I get our Diamante! No more waking up at 5 am to take Steven to work the days I need a car!

6 comments:

Camille Witter said...

I remember those hats. Glad you've settled in mostly. And i'm also glad you'll get the car now. I know what it's like to be stuck at home all day long with no car. maybe chris will buy me a smart car! pshh yea right!

Jill said...

So cute! your so lucky to be close to town, I am having issues with being stuck out here all the time b/c of the price of gas! Your boys are adorable, Gavin had his 6 mo and he was 19 lbs so our boys are about the same. Sweet truck too! Cameron would love it he loves old vehicles!!

Ana said...

I LOVE the HAT pic's CUTIES!!!! I love the TRUCK!!! I would call it Mater truck or PAINT it RED and call it "BELLA'S TRUCK" LOL ;0)

Ana said...

I LOVE the HAT pic's CUTIES!!!! I love the TRUCK!!! I would call it Mater truck or PAINT it RED and call it "BELLA'S TRUCK" LOL ;0)

Ana said...

sorry about the double comments ;0) whoopsies

Tuihalalalala said...

LEILANA cannot stop watching and Laughing at your footage of Bastien here...close up