We went to 2 different parks this weekend. It was good FREE fun for the kids. Last summer Bastien was all cooped up in the house because it was more of a pain to do stuff like this with the twins being 5-6 months old. But now its easier and Bastien gets a fun mom this summer!
Desert Breeze park in Chandler has a spray park---
Bastien and Steven got to ride the train there...
..and since it was so HOT I thought the babies would like their own popsicle while we waited for them to ride the train. They didnt really grasp the concept of a popsicle and thought it was more fun to throw them on the floor and watch me pick them up and clean them off, then repeat the fun all over again.
Then on Memorial Day we were gonna use our Zoo membership but on the way we got a flat tire and the kids and I ended up eating our packed lunch in the car while we waited for Steven to change the tire. (Good thing it happened with Steven there..it was on the freeway, too!) Once we got back on the road everyone was kinda tired...so we just went to Freestone Park..and didnt really do anything. Since we already ate our lunch in the car..and they dont have a splash park! They really need to get with it. These days you're not a ReAL park unless you have a splash pad..derr!
But we did get to feed the ducks!
I love the way Bastien is looking at Steven here. One thing I was noticing while I was sitting watching Steven play at the park with Bastien was, that he plays with Bastien because he geniunely wants to. He looks like he's having so much fun playing with him..he doesnt just play with him cause Bastien asks him to. He really loves being with him and I can tell Bastien just idolizes him. They have a cute relationship. Steven asks Bastien: "Whats better, a plane or a helicopter?" And Bastien says "A helicocker". He's trained him well.
Overall we had a good (and HOT!) weekend!
9 comments:
Oh AZ how I sooo dont miss your heat! Im glad you found some fun amoung the heat :) As for me I was wearing a sweatshirt yesterday since it was 58 degrees and raining. Ahhhhhh
Looks like lots of SuMmEr fun!! Your boys are all getting so big!! :0)
HOW FUN!! I love summer time. I love to take the kids swimming and play in the water.
How fun! I agree, freestone needs to add a splash park. Those are a MUST in AZ!
Man it is really hot. I love good water parks for the kids. Hey have you been to the Tempe park... that one is amAZing!
I keep hearing about this park...guess it's time to try it out!
Great water pictures!
What a cute little stinkers you have! I LOVE that the twins look so different from each other! And Sabastien is a doll!
Salena, your boys are so cute!!
Such cute Pictures!!! I love the one with the tire swing!
Post a Comment