Thursday, May 7, 2009

One on one time

Steven recently got called to nursery, he can take one of the twins with him which is nice..but that leaves me walking around the halls by myself with the other one. (Just like everyone else with a pre-nursery kid, right?) The first Sunday Steven went to nursery I went home with Jasper and made Steven a cheesecake for his bday so he could be suprised when we got home from church. It was so nice to spend that little time with JUST Jasper. It made me remember the days when it was just me and Bastien every day and that just seems so strange to me now!
I was excited to spend the next Sunday with JuST EMbry and I. I took him home and fed him lunch and he was so cute playing in Bastien's room. I could tell he was livin it up because Bastien monitors everything the babies touch of his and I'm sure that gets annoying to the twins! I even asked Embry "Do you like playing by yourself in Bastien's room?" And he nodded his head yes. (He does that to everything but I still thought it was cute:) It was like almost 1pm in this picture so thats why he fell asleep while he was eating. My kids never fall asleep anywhere except for their beds so I always get really excited when it happens and have to take a picture.

Dont you hate it when they fall asleep for 5 minutes on the way home and then when you get home and put them in their crib they act like they'd been sleeping for 2 hours and wont nap! Well Embry is the worst with this! Whenever Embry starts to fall asleep in the car and we're almost home I always talk to him and tickle him and he'll just laugh with his eyes closed...and I'm like "Embry!!! Dont fall asleep!!! " And then he gives me the stink eye like he's really annoyed at me cause I just wont let him sleep, dangit!

I realize I'll be considered inactive if I do this every Sunday....what about every other Sunday?

7 comments:

EmileeandJonny said...

Haha I love how similar our lives are since your twins and my son are pretty much the same age. I totally understand the church problem. Although we found out in our new ward that nursery doesn't mind if you bring them in early- you just have to stay with them! Beats walking the halls and chasing him! I have considered many times just going home- it can be so rough! Also I know EXACTLY what you mean about them falling asleep the last 5 minutes of a car ride, church, airplane ride, everything!!! Jarom totally does that then will NOT take a nap- why is that?!

Brandi said...

How fun to have some one on one time with each of them! I think those of us with one take that for granted.. It probably means a lot to the twins too :0) What a cute pic. !!

ConnieB said...

Brody is the same way! He won't nap anywhere but in a crib.. cute picture!
Church IS rough. But isn't it easier now that you dont have triplets? (; I can't imagine having twins! You are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Awe...enjoy that one on one time. It gets harder and harder to come by the more you have. Caden still will ask, can just YOU and ME play a game, or stay up. It's so funny. So cute...I bet that time is so nice...and Im laughing that Bastien really monitors his room, that has got to be so funny!

salena said...

Connie-
That little cutie Brody can make the twins turn into triplets anytime...send him on over! :)

Camille Witter said...

Umm that picture is adorable! His cute cheeks! The curly hair! Im lovin it all! Cant wait to see the fanale by the way! Its the second biggest thing Im looking forward to this week! Have fun my little celebrity!

Harris Family said...

THat is a really sweet picture.