It was a banner year at the old Bender family. (Breakfast club anyone?)
I can say I did things I've never done thanks to 2009. Since this year was a good one I thought I'd share the highlights.
January
The thing I was most looking forward to at the beginning of this year was Season 7 of The Biggest Loser to start. It was one of the most exciting and surreal things to see my brother & cousin on a show that I'd been watching since season one! I did a little tributehere and introduced you to them.
Emmy & Jappy started walking & they turned ONE!
The first year wasnt as hard as everyone told me it would be. Okay, maybe the first 6 months were a little rough. Embry has been first with mostly everything. He crawled at 6 months, Jasper at 7. Embry walked at 10 months, Jasper at 11. We got a kick out of Jasper's wobbly monkey walk while he was learning. Steven did a pretty great imitation here that made us all laugh. 
February
February is a month of thanks for me. I'll never forget that scary feeling thinking your child might not make it. When Jasper was 2 weeks old we found out his heart had been beating 240 bpm (for days!) instead of the normal 120-140. (that causes oxygen/blood to not be pumped properly to the body) Well I didnt find this out til after all this scary stuff happened: The nurse did an EKG on him, left the room really fast and then a bunch of people come in putting ice on his face, saying that the EMT need to come now, and basically freaking me out since everyone had been calm up until then. The dr. picked up Jasper, put him in his seat, and started like running out the door saying he would walk him over to the ER. (we were right next to Banner Desert) It was so incredibly scary not knowing what was going on. They were hurrying cause they had to get him some medicine to slow his heart rate. The doctor was worried that his heart beating that fast for that long would do damage to it. But his heart was perfect in the ultra sound. And he never had an episode again. I'm so incredibly thankful Jasper is in my life. Of course I feel that with all my kids. But sometimes when I look at Jasper smile that heart melting smile of his, I think how I cant imagine my life without him, and how thankful I am that I got to keep him that scary day. I know all babies have a sweet spirit, but I think Jasper has one of the sweetest! I've always had this special spot for Jasper. (maybe that's why he's a little whiny:)
March..
In March I remembered that I can run. And longer than 2 minutes, it's amazing.
I hit a couple goals this month that i'd been working on. One of them being getting back to pre-twin weight. (whoopdedo) And then decided i'd just stay there the rest of the year and not even try a little for pre-Bastien weight...naaa i'm good, hand me that cookie.
April
Sione was eliminated from Biggest Loser. I was so bummed, so not really a highlight I guess. But he was skinny again, so there's nothing sad about that. I was on Sione's wherearetheynow and that was fun. That was new for me, being around cameras. It was a fun experience, but not one I could really get used to.(i tooo shyy)
May
Steven and I got to go to the Biggest Loser Finale with my family! It was a blasty blast! (Dane Cook told me to use it) We bled BLUE!
The best part was hanging out with my cousins who make me laugh so hard.
Oh, and I got to meet Bob! Sione had Bob call me when he was at the ranch. It was way cool..and awkward, but cool! It was like "No way this isnt Bob..oh..Hi Bob...okaayy see ya Bob" I was starstruck when I saw him at the finale. I said something really dumb like "I'm Sione's sister" and he's all "Umm I know" At least I left it at that and didnt picture stalk him and his assistant didnt have to tell me to stop (cough*Hea*cough) HAHA!
June
Steven and I did our very first sprint triathlon in Payson with some friends.
...and Bastien turned Four! We're in love with his silly/sarcastic personality.
July/August
Steven & I have been married 6 years!
Bastien made some new friends! Gunnar & Paka are his best buddies!
I also found that I can actually have close girlfriends even though I am married with kids. I can still have a social life! Honestly, I havent made alot of friends since high school, isnt that sad? I always just thought "Oh Steven is the social one with more friends" But I have had so much fun hanging out with them and feel like I have way more confidence than I have in these past few years.
September
We went to Donna's cabin and the kids had so much fun.
Our besties Camilly & Chris came to visit from England and brought good times with them, as always.
October
We had a Ghostbuster themed Halloween.
and Steven got pumpkin happy and carved 3 crazy lookin jackolanterns!
November
casa grande triathlon..

December
and since I just blogged December..here are some cute videos of the kids.
The twins enjoying their Christmas goodies they got from their Nursery teachers, who they love. And Jasper being silly..








2 comments:
haa well you could say it was basically a biggest loser year/fitness year. I'm glad 2009 was good for you, it sucked for the most part for me and 2010 isnt looking much better! So have a good 2010 for me and let me know how it goes. Wish I could visit every month!
Hey salena ...cute idea...maybe i'll do it too...if i have time .. but then again ... the biggest loser kinda took ov'r most the months so nevermind j/k mines pretty boring .. well i loved reading yours ... and jaspers crazy little dance...at the end...funny boy...
Post a Comment