Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bastien, you're my favorite..shhh dont tell anyone.

(Steven always says this to Bastien...and Embry & Jasper)
My friend Nicole caught this cute picture of Bastien being a little scared of some tubes in a playplace we were at. I love his face. Bastien & I have had sort of a challenging year with behavior. This is my first time dealing with my own 4 year old and you know what..lately I'm realizing just that. He is four. I need to have 4 year old expectations from him & not any more. I was talking to a friend the other day about needing to step outside of yourself alot to realize what you have. And I've been feeling like, intense love spurts for Bastien lately. How lucky am I that Heavenly Father trusted me with him? Sometimes he does this thing where he walks around talking in a really sarcastic tone (where on earth would he have picked that up, i know)and one time I asked him to speak nicely to his brothers and he said "But I thought you love it when I'm funny?" It was so cute and I thought of how much this kid loves to be loved. And that is the main thing I want Bastien to always know throughout his life, is that I love him SO much! He's such a fun kid & I'm so thankful I get to be his mommy. (obviously I feel this way about my other 2 but this one's just for Bastien:)

2 comments:

Nichole said...

so sweet! what a good reminder . . .

ConnieB said...

4 year old expectations.. that's a great way to think about it (: