Saturday, May 1, 2010

rediscovered book

When I was packing I found my (really) worn out copy of this book that I read back in 2002. I remember carrying it around with me everywhere at New Vision (where I worked) and people teasing me that I was reading the Bible. (It's like 800 pages and it was a hardbound copy) As I was remembering parts in this book today,I looked down at my arms and I had major goosebumps. That must mean its a pretty dang amazing book, right? Instead of packing it, I took it out of the box it's been in for years and I want to read it again. I never really felt connected to our Pioneers until reading this. You will love the characters so much and cry through most of it..its one of those books that needs to be read.

4 comments:

nicole berkey said...

sold. i need your other recommendations for the pathetic, i mean amazing summer without you!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Hold the phone...you're leaving for the summer???? What the heck??? Why??? I feel like I haven't seen anyone in like a month. I've been going to playdates at the park every Friday but haven't seen you, Amy, or Nicole in like 3 Fridays. Where has everyone been? I deleted my Facebook so I'm totally out of the loop with you. When and why are you leaving? Are you going to move back into San Angelin when you come back? You ARE coming back, right? Well I guess it won't really matter for me actually because our lease is up in July and we are most likely moving out of the ward unless we can't find a home to move into then we'll stay in San Angelin. Okay this is way too long. Tell me the scoop.

Anonymous said...

must be some book..goosebumps. wow! love me a gOod book!

Bekah Parker said...

Oh I love it! A must read for sure!