I had all these Christmas things planned this week but we only managed to do Bass Pro Shop. The line for Santa was nuts. but they had a free carousel. This week I have definitely not been myself. Finnick has been..well awful at night these last 5 or so nights. He wakes up too many times at night and cant seem to stay asleep. even though he is acting delirious he will fight it..even though i rock him to sleep, rub his back, hold his binky in. he'll fall asleep, then wake up like 5 minutes later. This is all happening from around 1am-5 am. insane right? Steven took him Thursday night and some of Saturday night. and told me " I know the craziness you feel now" But Friday night was the worst. I took an excedrin at 8 pm and i guess that was too late to have caffeine because i couldn't fall asleep also a mixture of anxiety knowing Finnick was going to wake up any second made it harder. Finnickdid wake up around 2 and finally was able to get him back to sleep at 6am. the good thing is we both slept til 9am. But, 3 hours and none of it being at night..made me feel like a zombie all weekend. I dont know what made him like this except maybe him just being in our room over time, knowing that i will get him out of the crib and not letting him cry himself to sleep. He did have a stuffy nose all weekend. but wasnt what i would call sick. no fevers or anything. my other boys have slept all night through much worse. I think we just have a case of the spoils. My parents are going out of town this week and i am very excited to get this crying it out thing over with. we will use my parents bedroom and not have to worry about my parents having to suffer through a couple nights of crying. hopefully it works when he has to come back into our room! They dont go out of town for a few days so until them i will be day dreaming (since i dont actually get to dream) of the times when i used to be able to sleep at least 6 hours of undisturbed sleep.
Last night we had our 2nd annual Ugly sweater party at The Scotts. Its turning into more of an Ugly Christmas apparel party. I found a red lacy little girls looking (but big:)type dress that was just too hideous to pass up. I wish i had put more time into ugly accessories but i think the dress was ugly enough. I forgot my camera so you'll just have to use your imagination. I stole this picture of Mike and Tasha off facebook since i didnt take any pics. Michael wins the Chester award every year. i think its the slim white pants he wore and last years super short shorts that make him look extra creeptastic! We always have so much fun at these parties and there are lots of laughs! it was a nice way to end a sleep deprived week.

6 comments:
sorry about Finnick's sleep schedule. That's hard having a baby waking up in the middle of the night like that! Then having to take care of 4 little kids...yikes. I feel for ya! Good luck withe letting him cry it out. Hope things get better!
Sending sleep vibes your way!
Have you also tried a white noise machine? We bought one for Gus and I LOVE it! Crying it out is rough but soo worth it. We just had to do it again to get rid of the binky :(
good luck with the cry baby! miss you guys!
Ugh sleepless night... My worst nightmare. When are you guys moving from your parents? That ugly sweater party was pretty funny no doubt! I'm very disappointed there's no pic of yours and Stevens outfits! What a jip!
I can't believe we have only been gone five months - your kids look so much older! Have a wonderful Christmas!
Sleep deprived week - that sounds like our household :)
Post a Comment