Today is my mother-in-law's bday..she passed away from a long battle with cancer on April 27, 2006. (a day after steven's bday) She was such a sweet lady and a great mother-in-law. It stinks that I actually REALLY liked my mother-in-law and didnt get that much time with her. But she always made me feel part of the family even when Steven and I were dating. She would always get so excited when we'd come over and when we were there, she would make lists of food to have when we came over! She was so cute..she acted like a little girl sometimes..(in a good way) She was childlike in a way where she was just so good, keeping the commandments and doing things you should just came so easy to her. Once we had Bastien..she couldnt get enough of him and towards the end her shoulder bone had disinegrated (sp?) and so she couldnt ever really hold Bastien..but she would just sit in her chair and stare and smile at him the whole time and ask lots of questions about what kinds of baby food he ate. She died before he got to the age where he couldve really bonded with her and Steven and I talk about how she would LOVE him at this stage!
She loved the Holidays, and this is the second year of holidays since she's been gone and its really sad without her, its not the same at all. It's hard for Steven this time of year because the holidays remind him of his mom alot. One thing that I really liked about Steven when we were dating (and married) was how good he was to his mom. He seriously NEVER argued with her, talked back or treated her bad. He was always,always so sweet to her. Well, I just wanted to write a few things about her cause it's her bday. She wouldve been 51. We'll never stop missing her, but at peace because she was in alot of pain at the end there and also we know we'll see her again! And she gets t
o see little
o see little Embry and River before we do! :)
Delma and baby Steven
When Steven's brother Brian came home from his mission in May 2003
At Bastien's baby blessing September 2005
(only 4 of the kids are there, Christine and Kevin are not)




2 comments:
What a sweet tribute to your Mother-in-law! It made me want to cry. It made me appreciate my mom - I think I take her forgranted sometimes. I hope you are doing well - how are all of your boys? You sure have your hands full!
Dang salena.. that was so SWeet of U ... it made me cry little .. she was always so nice .. whenever I saw her too!! I do feel for Steven and YOU alot.. We do take things for granted alot of things .. and sometimes we don't even think or imagine our life without the people we love so much .. that when they do pass away it's hard for everything to be normal.. again.. but at least we know that's not the end of it.. and she is up there with your twins watching over them until they go .. and I'm sure she's telling them many wonderful things about you and steven..;) luv you guys..!!!
Post a Comment