Those of you Twilighters out there know that I found my twin's names while reading the books. Jasper is one of the vampires in the Cullen family. And Embry is introduced in "New Moon" as Jacob's best friend, who also ends up being a werewolf.
We always knew that baby A would be Embry. And Baby B would be Jasper (after I dropped the name River).
Ever since they were born there have been references to werewolves and vampires all over the place. The first one was, when they were a few days old my sister in law Kendra was talking to her mom on the phone while holding one of the twins and her mom said "Which one are you holding? The werewolf or the vampire?" :)
We also have family that used their skin color to match the name to the baby. Like, Jasper is paler than Embry. Just like how Vampires are pale. And Embry has tanner skin like one of the Quiluete boys would have.
Steven and I were talking about how it's funny that their names and traits match up with the characters. Here's a couple more we thought of:
- It's kinda hard to tell in pictures, but in person, Embry has a bigger build (aka fatter) than Jasper. The werewolves are bigger than the vampires in the book. Jacob is what ? Like 6'7" or something?
-Embry is like a bottomless pit when he eats. He constantly has to have the baby food sitting in his mouth or he screams.And he wont stop even when you can tell he's full. (sounds like the werewolf boy's appetites)
-Jasper is refusing to eat baby food most days. He takes a couple bites then starts whining and seals his mout shut. He prefers to "drink" blood..oops, I mean milk :)
-Jasper has teeth , like a vampire needs to...Ok, now I am just getting carried away.
But, I love my little Werewolf and Vampire!
10 comments:
It's so crazy how fast they grow! My lil' guy is getting bigger so quickly but the sleeping part we still have lots to work on. haha
THIS COMMENT CONTAINS BREAKING DAWN SPOILERS:
Okay, Salena, don't you think comparing your sons to a vampire and a werewolf, is is a little over the top...besides wouldn't it be more technically sound to say golden-eyed vegetarian leeche and wolf-shapeshifter, right? heheh I finally finished the book , Awww I'm sad!
HAHAHA this was an awesome post! I love your boys names and its fun that they match so perfectly. Of course I'd be worried if they start fighting too much and Embry starts shaking LOL
Very clever!
I too do that~ Compare your boys ..it's so fun! and true!! i wuv my little vampire and werewolf babies I luv it! that you named them both after the book!
i am so glad you posted this because now i will ALWAYS be able to tell them apart!
love it!
They are DANG cute babies, and I think it's cute about the vampire/werewolf thing. Those books are so good.
You're cracking me up! Did you really just compare your kids to vampires and werewolves? haha I would think you were crazy if I hadn't read the books myself.:) It's crazy how true everything you said is. Before I just thought of them as Fa/Langford babies, but now I see them with new eyes.:)
Post a Comment