We finally got to go! It seemed like everytime we planned to go, something happened and it fell through. Oh yeah, and being pregnant with and having newborn twins is a bit like house arrest. So...Thanks to my sister Ana, it was nice for us to have a little one-on-one time with Bastien this week! (The 'one kid days' are a breeze, let me tell you.)
We left on Wednesday morning and got to our hotel (around the corner from Disney) at 3pm. We went to a mall they have close by called "Garden Walk" and saw that 3D movie "Fly me to the Moon" I am not one to pay to watch cartoons in the theater-especially if they're not Disney. But Bastien hadnt been to a theater since he's been able to sit thru a cartoon..and it was 3D, so we knew he'd have fun. And, it ended up being kinda cute with some funny parts.
Right when the movie started, and he put on his 3D glasses. There was a dragonfly on the screen and he was squirming and yelled" Ahh..get off me!" He thought things were going to touch him in a couple other parts. But for the most part, he was glued.

The next day was disneyland! We were earlybirds due to excitement and we're used to the entire household waking up at 5:30 every morning. We killed some time at IHOP. I guess I should've checked the hours online but I just assumed it opened at 8...but I think that may only be on weekends. Then we hear "morning magic tickets only" and basically waited around until 10 to get in. Bastien didnt handle it very well so he was pretty crabby by 11am. First, we went on Peter Pan ,Alice in Wonderland, teacups, Mr. Toad, and by the time we got to Snow white he had had enough of Disneyland. He kept asking to go home.

so excited at IHOP ..and in a great mood!
Showing him that Peter Pan isnt scary.


We thought the Buzz Lightyear ride would cheer him up. Buzz lightyear used to scare him but he's been watching Toy Story lately and he hadnt been scared so I thought we'd be okay. But while we were walking into the line he started to cry...luckily there was no line so we just hurried up and got on (one of the perks of going on a Thursday!) He really liked the shooting part. And when he has to assure himself not to be scared..he says "He like me" So when we were leaving the ride he was saying.."Buzz not bad, he my friend" When we were eating lunch I saw the real BUzz outside thru the window and I said "LOok there's Buzz!" and he lost it. He said a really high pitched "NoOooO!" It was only noon and I knew there was no way he would last. We were kinda bummed..but after a 2 hour nap at the hotel. He was a brand new kid.
So we walked back to Disneyland and still had 5 hours left! We went on the train that goes around the whole park, Then we had to trick him into going on Pirates (Mean, yes. But also effective). I knew if he heard the word 'Pirates' there'd be no way. We told him it was a train ride...and that worked. Luckily there were no lines so by the time we got into a boat and not a train we were off and he was okay about it. He wasnt too scared, but I dont think it was one of his favorites. It was mine, though! Steven and I took turns on Splash Mountain. I got placed in the front by the staff and didnt think about that being the worst spot until it was too late. We did Winnie the Pooh, Toontown and the Parade was the best! All the princesses were in it and I thought of my niece Lana-who acts out all the Princess movies-she wouldve loved it!
This is the smile I get when I say "Bastien smile". It's this or the "I'm abused and neglected" face.

Not scared of Pluto!



When they first showed Captain Jack Sparrow..I thought it was really Johnny Depp. Now THaT would've been cool.

This is the most I've ever gotten to do/see at Disneyland! I dont think i'll ever go on a weekend again! The Nemo line was still pretty crazy so we didnt get to do that. But it turned out to be a good day because of that nap. I'm glad we didnt try to make him last any longer because we would've had a miserable kid and if we had left at 3 or something, we might not have come back. I knew Bastien was a bit a scaredy cat...but him being scared and tired dont mix well.
We stopped at Newport Beach before going home this morning. The water was freezing. But
Bastien had a BLAST!





He's running to tell me he needs to take off his clothes.


...much better!



I think he had FUN!

6 comments:
fun i love disneyland! Thats funny bastien is a little scardy cat. You'd think with all of stevens scary faces he wouldnt be scared of anything. Looks like you guys had a freakin sweet time :)
It sounds like it was so fun. The first time I went to Disneyland I was 20 years old! Lucky little guy! Thanks for sharing!
i'm glad you got some R&R from your usual..life .. DISNEYLAND ...how fun for bastien..Disneyland train is probably what you heard the whole way..right..anyways i love how you had to trick him onto the rides ... it's a train...;o) LOL...
Oh how fun! I can't believe how big he is but I guess he is 3 now and I hardly ever see him since I don't live at home. What great pics! I love Disneyland. Sad to say the first time we went as a family was only like 4 years ago and the boys were so mad because Disneyland doesn't have the big scary rides and they could care less about the entertaining effect it has instead. So thank goodness for California Adventure next door. haha.
what a good mom you are, documenting everything! he will enjoy knowing his mommy and daddy spent one on one time with him and enjoyed it!
Looks like the beach part won him over he's got my blood in him too
Post a Comment