Jasper was weaned off his heart medicine a couple weeks ago! The doctor had me start giving him only 2 doses of propranolol a day, instead of 3, for a week. Then the next week 1x a day for a week. Then after that he was done! He will still continue to go in to wear heart moniters for a day (called holter moniters) every month or so to check for signs of an SVT episode. But it looks as though he has OUTGROWN SVT! It stands for Supra ventricular tachycardia. It basically means that his heart was not pumping enough oxygen to the brain/rest of his body because his heart was beating way too fast. A normal heart rate for an infant is anywhere from 100-140 bpm. His was beating 240 bpm! Scary, huh? If your lost, YOu can read about our scare with Jasper when he was 2 weeks old here.
Jasper in the NICU
I didnt go into a lot of details when it happened. But while sitting in the NICU with Jasper after all the craziness was over. Me almost having a heart-attack while I was standing there clueless, watching 10 people hurrying to make my baby's heart rate go down, thinking my baby was the one having the real heart attack. Well, after everything settled down. I felt so extremely blessed and thankful that Heavely Father watched over Jasper those 2 days (at least!) he had a heart rate of 240! The doctor told me little ones dont make it very long with their hearts working so hard that long. I'm so grateful to have Jasper. He's brought such a sweet spirit in our family these past months. I cant wait to see more of his little personality come out.
Just gave Jasper his last dose!
5 comments:
Oh that is a relief! yay! And he is so super cute. I love how much he looks like steven.
I was so worried about jasper...i am so glad he's good now!! I hope it stays good from now on!!! hey i recognize that outfit that jaspers wearing green with the stripy pants!! cute!
Wow, I hadn't read that scare.
That is soo scarey for you guys! So glad he is fine and off his medicine, that is a huge step!
oh that's great! i hope all goes well! good luck!
Wow thats a relief
Post a Comment