Monday, September 10, 2007
not so good memories......
So I'm stealing Dendi's "Memory Lane Monday" ..cause I'm bored. So here it goes....
The summer of 2000, I was 16. And my family and I were in California ..I was there for my "Sound Celebration" tour...(we sang and danced at Disneyland ..lame-o!) which I tried to ditch as often as I could to hang out with my sister Ana's in-laws, the Wolfgramm's and my family. Well for the 4th of July the younger "Jett's" were singing at this park in Chino Hills. And they had a stage set up with a canopy and stuff. Well my brother Sione and I were standing in the audience and like for one of the songs they were asking people to come on the stage to dance. And theyre all "Sione , Salena..come up here" I really didnt want to ..cause I have no dancing skills whatsoever and I wasnt about to try in front of a hundred or so people. But Sione made me. Well, I was wearing this dress that went a little below my knees. But the stage wasnt that high so I figured I could just jump on it like everyone else who was wearing pants. Well.. I really wish I was wearing pants....because my fitted dress wouldnt allow the small jump. My leg I used to jump on the stage didnt make it on the stage and I fell flat on my stomache!! No I didnt fall on my butt..or my knee...I fell on my freaking stomache!!! ....so I was basically laying down on the stage in front of TOO many people. Well..I tried to play it cool, got up and tried to dance like nothing happened. But I was shaking so bad with embarresment that I wasnt even close to being on beat with the music and everyone dancing ..I was just like moving back and forth clapping like an idiot. It was seriously the longest few minutes of my life. What's even worse...is one of the older Wolfgramm sisters got it on tape! And they all watched it later..so everyone who didnt get to see it..which wasnt a whole lot of people ..got to see it..and I got to relive it again. It was wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so funny...and sad! :) Wish I could have seen it though! Gotta give it to you that you got back up and kept on dancing...I think I would probably take off... :)
Good story..
hahah, oh man, embarracing moments are a life long joke!
funny salena sorry I'm a little late on reading this but you know me .. I remember that day and hearing of you little incident.. but I hadn't actually seen it until we all watched it in the living room that night and they had to rewind the part where you fell that's when you wish there was no such things as Video Camera's .. it happend to Tali.. when she was performing she slipped.. on stage .. just imagine how imagine how embarrased she was.. oh wait u can.. lol.. just kidding .. I hate those awkward moments.. ;)
Post a Comment