Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July and life

We didnt do much this year. I dont even know if the ward did a breakfast thing, I didnt think about it until later that morning. But we did go to my mom's to visit her for her bday and had lunch there. We thought maybe we'd take Bastien near Schnepf farms to see the fireworks, but it sounded more fun to put them all to bed early and watch some movies..which we havent done in a long time. We are so behind on movies..I've never been one of those people! I'm usually very current (on DVD's, not the theater anymore). I guess in a way it's good to be behind, everyone tells you how bad the movie was and so your expectations are low..because I liked all the movies that people told me were not very good. Like, "Jumper" , I thought it was pretty cool. And "Cloverfield" , I didnt like the ending..but it was entertaining at least. Anyways, not much else happened..just a nice 3 day weekend!
But here are some things that are happening over here:
-Jasper has cut his 1st and 2nd tooth all in one week! He has finally one-upped Embry. Embry has been doing everything "first" so far You go Jasper, stop letting Embry show you up!
-We are finally potty training Bastien. This week it's goodbye diapers! (except at night and naps, I dont know what to do there, any advice?) I wish I could say it's been going well these past couple days. Although he's very excited about getting an m&m every time he pees, and "lots and lots" of m&ms everytime 'he drops the kids off at the pool'. He has accidents alot and he'll say "I couldnt get there faster mom!"
-We have finally decided what to do with the moving situation. We have to be out of our house...
:(very sad...by August 11th. And so we are moving 4 houses down with my sis in law Becca for a few months so we can save some $ and figure out where in Mesa we want to move. I am so over Queen Creek and paying for all this gas! Becca is awesome to offer part of her house. It's a pretty big house so it will be enough room. But still, not excited to minimize my 1600 sq. ft house into 2 bedrooms, a loft and some garage space.
- I cant believe the twins will be 6 months old this month! Crazy! I cant imagine them crawling/walking. Oh, and Brandi, they LOVE their "loveys" (or whatever they're called) They act so cute with them. When I rub the blankets over their face they have this cute look like its so comfy! I put them in their crib during naptime and it actually does help them fall asleep! Thanks, I love them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you guys sell your house?

Anonymous said...

Awe...I was with Brandi when she got them those little blankets...and i LOVE Them! So cute...the blankies and the babies...

Love the template...I have the same...I LOVE it! sounds like you guys had a fun weekend and who whooo for the 2 teeth. That is a good thing right??? When you are done potty training Bastien come do Hadley...SO not looking forward to that...AGAIN. :) Way to go Salena!

Ana said...

double cuteness!!!! 6 months dang ....time does fly!

Tuihalalalala said...

Potty training with m&Ms Good idea!
Lana would love that! She was enticed with wearing a pair of new princess panties everyday.... Grandma Veronicas's idea. I love those princesses! They have saved me in the biggest way! She has actually been doing the same thing diapers at nap & night SO I am at the same place as you..looking for advice on your blog here. None so far.Ta ta...P.s. LOL on the droppig the kids at the pool..I didn't get it at firat..It was random for me until the lightbulb went off not a pretty picture..hehehe