I have been really LUCKY with Bastien. He's always been such a healthy boy! He's had like 2 ear infections his whole life and when he has a cold or a runny nose it lasts like 2 days...up until now at least....
Bastien has had a cold the past couple weeks. I took him in the week after Christmas and they said he just had an eye infection. Well somewhere in between there and last Friday he got a BAD ear infection. Cause his cough got pretty bad last Friday and he had a fever. So I took him back in and they gave him Omnicef for an ear infection in his right ear. Well his fever NEVER went away from Thursday until Monday afternoon. It was staying in between 101.5- 103. So...I took him to urgent care Monday evening and his oxygen levels were pretty low and they took an x-ray to check for pneumonia. They did a breathing treatment and that made his oxygen levels go back up. And the doctor said he had 2 infected ears! Anyways, she changed his antibiotic to Biaxin and sent him home with that breathing treatment machine. They told me he didnt have pneumonia but his lungs looked a little "cloudy"..so I should continue the breathing treatments.
So they call today and say the results came back positive and he DOES in fact have PNEUMONIA!! (sp?) Poor guy!
Also..isnt this just PERFECT TIMING?! ..Isnt Pnuemonia really contagious? I dont know what to do about the babies? (not to mention I had strep throat 2 weeks ago, and now I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection! I dont want to get the babies sick either!)
I asked my insurance about those RSV shots and they dont cover them unless the babies are born at 35 weeks or less. And they are like 1000 dollars a shot! I'm bummed too, cause Bastien probably cant come see the babies in the hospital! What am I gonna do? How am I gonna keep Bastien away from the babies until he's better?
7 comments:
Poor guy! That must be so sad - not good timing either!
Are you going to breast feed them? The good thing is that if you are, then you will pass antibodies on to your babies so that they won't get sick! There is a REALLY good chance that you have built up antibodies to Bastien's pnuemonia, and those should go to the babies as well!
If you are not planning on breast feeding them, then I would consider just nursing them for a few days so that they can get the colustrum (or however you spell it!) That is FULL of antibodies for them!
Good luck with everything! Keep us posted!
THat is always the timing I have had...I would say keep those little guys inside until it all clears...as painful as that sounds.. ;) Caden just got over the same kind of crap...those breathing machines are no fun! They also make his sugar levels sky high with every treatment...yeah sick kids are never any fun! Hope he get's better soon...and wishing you luck with everything! pump those vitimans....
yeah everyone is getting sick it seems like. My neice ella has the same stuff bastien has. Its flyin around like wildfire! RSV is some serious stuff so maybe you'll have to be one of those extra over careful moms that makes everyone wash thier hands and wear masks to hold your boys... hey it would be worth it to keep them away from this sickness going around... hope he feels better :)
It was already said, but I am all for the face masks! And stock up on Lysol spray and hand sanitizer and use it until your house smells like a hospital! BEFORE you deliver! Start washing your laundry in hot water and changing sheets every couple days, Bastien's every day... but make Steven or someone else do it! I swear it makes a huge difference this time of year! I'll even come help!
aw man, that stinks! Well, at least he is on antibiotics now, and he should not be contagious by the time you bring the babies home. There is a lot of crap going around right now. So, I would just keep the everyone home for a while (obviously), and wash hands a lot! Good luck!!!!
I also have questions for you about the carpal tunnel thing.
Can you email me at pianogirl85297@yahoo.com with your phone number? Thanks!!
Tina
Daddy's kept his Priesthood strong for Blessings and a heaping cup of Faith really helps!
I am SO stinkin' sorry Salena! I think that any good advice I could have given has already been said. I'm sure everything will work out though. We're praying for you guys.
Post a Comment