Friday, May 23, 2008

....but they have the cutest little bums!

Some wanted an update on cloth diapers after I tried them. Umm... lets just say I learned that disposable diapers are the greatest invention ever made! Good thing I didnt buy a full supply, only a few to try out. Maybe it's cause I spend 5 hours trying to button them just right so they dont leak. Maybe it's cause I didnt put enough inserts in them..but I tried all different variations of inserts and they still leak out the legs area! Or maybe it was because when I bought them..I didnt imagine them pooping in them! "Wait, babies are supposed to poop in those cute little things?" Those liners that are supposed to block the poop so you can just toss the poop in the toilet dont work either..especially with messy newborn poop! POOP! I just thought I'd say it again. Steven wont let me live it down either..How I thought I was going to be some "hippie mom" I dont even know what that means. But, it's funny cause when I told my mom I was gonna do it and how "cloth diapers have come a long way" ...I'm sure she was laughing inside! (She had to do it with all of us) But she's great and lets me think all my ideas are good ones:) Anyways, there are lots of people out there who do this successfully.....but like most of you said on my last post about them...it's NOT for me! You know what?..this reminds me of a little story back when I thought being a lifeguard at sunsplash the summer after I graduated was a brilliant idea. I only wanted to be one because of the cute red outfits they get to wear! And I did LOVE the outfits..the hat and the red "birdie beach britches" shorts with the patch sewn on it that said "lifeguard"! By the way, lifeguards there are a JOKE..well most of them are. I'm sure there are a few good ones. But in the end I hated being a lifeguard. I came home with heat exhaustion and migraines almost every day, maybe if we werent in AZ. I'm just rambling now. But, like the lifeguard outfit, I really just wanted these cause they are SO CUTE on them! There are good things, I have diapers in case of some sort of emergency. And I got a really cute photo shoot out of it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you tried!

Ana said...

Salena!!!
I was gonna say the same thing ...At LEAST U can say U tried...!!! I was to SCARED with all the Cloth stories I heard it made me too NERVOUS to try ...!! so CONGRATS on trying to be a BETTER MOM .. i'm sure I would try anything to save money if i had a "tripple diaper threat"..too!!! I got my "Secret Weapon" ...Potty training Book .. you can read.. i'm sure bastien will be easy to train!!! in NO time!!!

Ana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille Witter said...

Any way you look at it poop and pee is never fun to deal with, wheather its in a disposable or a cloth diaper. But I guess cloth is the harder way to deal;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I have to agree...they are pretty cute in them. I don't think they would be for me either. A diaper is something that you want to be reliable. If they don't hold it in...then what use do they serve?

Well, now you know...gotta give it to you for trying them.

Shawn and Tasha said...

Those are some stinkin' cute bottoms!!!:) haha Really, I love seeing a baby in just a diaper, but they look even cuter with the cloth! I'm glad to know they're not as easy as they look. You're awesome for even trying them out!

Michelle Bebe said...

I was sitting here reading and Bryan sat down next to me curious to see what was so funny, and he started crackin' up too! I am so sorry it didn't work out, but so glad you tell such good stories!