Friday, May 2, 2008

Dont let this cute little face fool you....

Bastien has always been a great sleeper. When he was a baby he'd go to sleep at 7pm and wake up at 8am! And as a toddler we started letting him stay up until 8:30 ish and he would wake up around 7..still good right! Well, the past month or so he's been waking up at 5!!! Yes, you heard me..5 o'clock in the DANG morning! He even pulls 4:45's alot. It doesnt make it easier that Jasper wakes up at 3 to eat(Embry wakes up at 6) and by the time I get back in bed I have less than an hour to try to fall back asleep!! It doesnt matter what time we put him to bed either. For example last night...we came home at 10:30pm from being at my parents. And he still woke up at 5! I try to get him to go back to sleep..which used to work when he was in his crib..but he's been in his bed for a couple months now and he just stands by the gate at the door and screams/cries if I tell him to go back to bed...and it wakes up all the babies! I would just let him out and keep sleeping but it's "Mommy milk.....Mommy watch Caillou....Mommy I eat food" I REALLY hope this is just a phase....cause these babies seem like they are going to be really good sleepers, too. And I am counting on them to wake up at 7 ish like Bastien did. It's funny how I used to think that was early! Gosh, what I wouldnt give to sleep until 7 at least ONE morning!!!!!

7 comments:

Holly Garvin said...

My Mom had the same problem with my sister and she had the same problem with her son. I don't know if your son is old enough to do this, but my sister sets the tv to a cartoon channel before she goes to bed at night so when my nephew get's up in the morning all he has to do is push the power button and it keeps him quite for at least an hour. Longer the older they get. Unfortunatly it still hasn't changed for my nephew, but now at least he doesn't wake anybody up.

Nate and Kristen said...

Ugh! Mackenzie woke up at 6 this morning and it was way too early for me! You must be sooo busy and tired Salena!

Camille Witter said...

yikes, im sorry about all of that nonsense! There is nothing I hate more then having to wake up when I dont want to. Makes me wanna cry a little

Gardner said...

Oh my heck! I feel so sorry for you! My girls & Craig go through phases of insomnia and will get just a few hours of sleep a week! I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I would get some Baby Einstien videos (which have always worked for mine)....Id pop one in and then go back to bed...it shouldn't last too long...or at least I hope not for your sake.

Michelle Bebe said...

nash has been doing the same dang thing. i am a mean mom, and he still sleeps in a crib...so i just shut the monitor off UNTIL he starts kicking the wall....which he does!

try filling a sippie in the fridge w/ milk the night before??? and mabye a little bowl with dry cold cereal for him? if he is good with that... i like the idea of a preset channel so all he would have to do is turn it on...

i have been thinking it is getting light outside earlier, and thinking of making/buying BLACK OUT curtains for his room...

hope i inspired some answer!

Tina ♥ said...

ugh, I totally understand. My girls were not the best sleepers the first couple years, and so it was hard! (but Hunter is amazing so far!) Getting up too early is so hard, especially when you are up with babies!! I bet it will pass soon.