Monday, July 14, 2008

He's a big kid now!

Bastien is officially POTTY-TRAINED! Day and NIGHTtime!! I wanted to wait until he was 3. It turned out to be SO much easier than I thought it would be. I think 3 really is the magic number, like my sister said. I started trying when Bastien turned 2..but he didnt seem to be grasping it. Plus he couldnt talk very well, so it was harder to communicate and reason with him. I decided after a while to just forget about it. Not stress and wait until he was 3. I'm glad I did, because he has done an amazing job at catching on. The first few days he had some accidents. And I just put him in his diaper for naps and at night. I was too scared to attempt naps/night time because he SOAKS his diaper when he sleeps. But after talking with my sister on Friday, I just decided to DO it. And he hasnt peed in his bed since! The first night I walked with him from his bed to the bathroom and said to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night if he needed. And he totally did! Or he held it til the morning. I'm so relieved that it turned out to be easier than I thought. I'm also glad he doesnt ask for an "nemenems" (M&M) every time he pees anymore. Because, I ate the rest. Now I dont feel so intimidated by it with my next 2. As I just typed that last sentence I realized that's not true. Two at once?!

3 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

Okay, consider yourself incredibly lucky! SO jealous! Clayton's been potty trained during the day for a long time, but it's back & forth with night time. He's a pretty heavy sleeper, so I think it will take us a while longer. Way to go Bastien!! And TWO will be double the fun!;) At least you've got one down- that's so awesome!

Bekah Parker said...

Yay for Bastien! And good job for getting it done:) I would have ate the M&Ms too.

Ana said...

YaY for Batien!!!