Saturday, July 5, 2008

Steven's seminary days

In the spirit of remembering funny things Steven has done. I wanted to write down a few "Experiences" Steven shared while giving devotionals and other stories from high school seminary. Most of these I got to experience firsthand because I was fortunate to have him in my class junior year with Brother Sterling. -Everyone would always ask him to lead the opening song. Because everytime Steven would act like he was conducting a symphony. Eyes closed, using the baton occasionally. One time the seminary president saw that Steven was leading and she sighed and said "Steven will lead the music, NICELY" When it was his turn to give devotionals, he would always have an amazing personal experience on every topic. Some of them were: -His topic was the importance of paying your tithing. He said (not in his words, but) "..one time he only had enough money to buy either a complete skateboard or to pay his tithing. So of course he paid his tithing. And the next morning when he woke up, at the foot of his bed there was not 1, but 2 complete sets waiting for him." The blessings for him were very immediate. -SERVICE: He told the story of that old LDS movie "The Gift" but his spin was HE was the kid who did that for his dad. He woke up on Christmas morning to milk the cows, etc..so his dad could see Christmas with the family. What a punk. (to give him some credit, they did have a shed that looks like a barn) -Be a good example: He told a story of him being at a skatepark the day before saying that a guy came up to him asking him for a smoke. He told the guy that smoking is bad for him and he should probably stop. The guy then replied "You know what? You're right! I'm going to stop." And Steven said "And to this day he hasnt smoked one cigarette!" (And the story had "supposedly" happened YESTERDAY) One thing I've always envied is the ability Steven has to do or say something totally off and keep a straight face. He would make a great actor, I think. The best part about his humor is his timing. He knows when to be serious and knows when the mood is light enough to crack a joke. If these boys have any of Steven in them, I have a feeling I am going to be laughing alot later in life.

3 comments:

Camille Witter said...

Oh steven... Such the jokester:)

Ana said...

how fun! It must of been to be in "seminary" with steven ...little did you know it was your "future husband" .. must be fun to reminise(sp?) ...with roy he's always going down his memory lane in UTah! and i'm alway like can you "shut up" and drive .."i don't care about where your band used to play" j/k roy he knows i luv him.. right..;)

Tuihalalalala said...

lol....LOL...ROTFL.......ahem....LOLI am truly LoL..Lana is asking what funny mom? I wish we had a Steven original when i WAS IN hIGH sCHOOL!