Friday, November 14, 2008

"lets eat turkey in my big brown shoe"

Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks! I'm definitely not a person who likes to cook dinner alot. I'm real good friends with the microwave. But I love to cook and bake during the holidays. I've never done a turkey. I've been meaning to every year so we can have all those leftovers but we never do. This year I am for sure and I found a couple yummy looking recipes in a magazine and I've been deciding on which look best.
( I dont feel like writing the recipe out, I'll just write down the ingredients, spices that go in it.)
"Greek Lemon Turkey"
(garlic cloves, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper..other stuff)
"Cider Marinated Turkey"
(apple cider, salt, bay leaves, fresh thyme, cloves, garlic cloves, allspice, navel oranges, sage, onion,)
"Citrus Rosemary Rubbed Turkey"
(fresh rosemary, grated orange peel, grated lemon peel, salt, onion anf garlic powder, pepper, olive oil)
Tough decision...What'd you think?

Oh, and if you want the recipe to one of these, I can email it to you.

5 comments:

Ana said...

the cider one sounds good....but the citrus rosemary recipe...sounds good too..let me know which one you do...and if it turned out...

Camille Witter said...

ehh i'll be honest with you, I'm gonna go with none of them sound delicious. You're trying to mess with the traditional turkey. But that's just me, i'm picky like that. So I guess I have zero suggestions for you on which one to choose. Let me know if i'm wrong :)

salena said...

Camille, you surely are the pickiest person I know! You wouldnt even eat ice cream cake at Bastien's bday because it wasn't from Dairy Quuen!

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

I would go with the Citrus Rosemary. We made one a few years ago pretty much just like that. We stuffed quartered oranges, onion, etc. into the bird's cavity. Quite possibly the BEST turkey EVER

Camille Witter said...

I am very picky, that is a true statement