Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Must Read!

(Thanks for recommending this on your blog Shanon!)

I just finished this and I must admit I bawled like a baby within the first 10 pages, and that wasnt the only time. Alot of books that I still end up liking I will sort of lose interest halfway through and pick it up later and read the rest. But nope, this one is a page turner. The love story in it with Sarah and Captain Jack Elliot is one of my favorites. I didnt think I would like it set up like a diary, but I ended up loving it! You fall in love with Sarah and her little family. It also makes me grateful that I live in Arizona in 2008 and not during the 1800's. For those of you who've read it, this morning when Steven kissed me goodbye while I was asleep I guess I incoherently said to him "Dont get bitten by rattlesnakes".

Oh, and I just looked at the authors website
and there is a sequel and a 3rd one!

5 comments:

Carie said...

Hey, I read this book, and I liked it a lot! Gave me a new perspective on my life! However I had trouble getting into the next ones.

Bekah Parker said...

Oh my gosh I love that you posted this. Max's mom gave me this to read and I just fell in love with "These is my words" and I just haven't had the time to read the next 2 but I must as soon as I can. I am glad you liked it too.

Camille Witter said...

guess i'll have to read it, got nothing better to do.

Anonymous said...

I had a friend who was telling me about These is my words and she LOVED it..

Ana said...

I wanna borrow!!!! ;o)