Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bastien's a sunbeam!

It was Bastien's first week of Primary last Sunday. It doesnt seem that long ago when we were Sunbeam teachers when Bastien was a little 6 month old baby in Alma ward! At first when we went into the primary room he said"I dont like this...they dont have toys?" But after I said "yeah but they might have treats", he was good! He told us next week if he brings his "kiptas" (scriptures) he gets candy.

Bastien went with daddy to the skatepark on Monday. He had so much fun and got some cute videos of him on Steven's skateboard. I would upload them but it takes my computer 5 years to do it. Anyways, he brought one of his Thomas trains (a battery operated one) and I guess some kid in the park was playing with it and ran it through the sand a bunch and it wouldnt work anymore. I said to Bastien when he got home "Are you sad its broken?" and he's all "No, daddy will fix it." Steven has fixed 2 broken trains of his in the past so I guess there's nothing daddy cant do! :)

They looked so cute working on the train I had to capture it.

I miss Bastien's long hair.

8 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

Thanks for the info. I gave in last night and just went to a friend's house to watch it.:) Joelle needs to get lost, and fast!

BTW, your boys are adorable! Isn't it so weird to have your own child in primary??? I feel so old now!

Ana said...

WOW i still remember when Grant got to go to Sunbeams he wasn't so easy though at the time i was beehive advisor in alta loma ward(CA) and i heard a kid screaming (during the middle of my lesson) and i knew right away it was grant(what mother doesn't know her kids every cry) Anyways to make my story short there was kicks and pretty much tears from both ends because during the whole ordeal grant had broken her necklace (obviously of sentimental value) I felt so bad ...one of the worst experience's to have for our first day in Primary..but i will never forget the look in the teachers face ... it was if he broke her as a teacher in so many different levels and she may as well of just ran from the whole scene...anyways later he eventully got better duh he's almost 12 okay i'm gonna go now...bye

Brandi said...

Crazy that he's already a sunbeam! I guess Bentley isn't too far behind him! His haircut makes him look a lot older, but is dang cute! :0)

Anonymous said...

Yeah they grow up TOO fast! Be prepared it does NOT stop either. My oldest is almost 12...yeah like Grant. It is just so strange when it is your kids. You always think your kids will stay small forever. atleast I did. Loving his new do. SO cute, and makes him even look older. Love it when kids think that "daddy" can fix anything. What a great dad!!

I was so laughing at your little comment about skiing. It was SO right on! Something you don't truly understand until you have been in that situation, but that was my biggest fear about it all, was the people who would be getting off behind me, off the ski lift. So funny! Though at the time, it was not funny at all...it was down right embarrassing. But hey, I can laugh about it now. :)

Harris Family said...

Bastien is such a cute little man!

Sione and Britni Fa said...

I can't believe he's already a Sunbeam--Wow! I don't know if it counts, but I think Bastien's hair looks so cute. :)

Dawn Davis said...

He's getting so big. Ryan wanted me to tell you that we're cursed for him teasing Bastien for drooling...Britton is HORRIBLE!! Hopefully he'll grow out of it. But, I can't believe how big he is, really!

Michelle Bebe said...

what a sweetie pie! we are sunbeam teachers now and we LOVE it! the things three year olds say, seriously.