One year ago today I was feeling pretty nervous and anxious but mostly just wanted it all over with! On last nights episode of the Biggest Loser it showed the hospital that I delivered the twins at. It brought back alot of memories. I had a constant stuffed up nose that last month or so and I remember after they were born I could instantly breathe through my nose! Weird. And I loved that I was very awake and aware of everything this time around. I could actually see him pulling out the babies because they had stainless steel around the light above. I would have liked to see it in a mirror. i dont think it would've made me sick. I was so happy in the recovery room, I just kept staring at them as I constantly itched my face. (side effect of the anestesia, I think)
It was a rough road trying to breast feed them in the hospital, and at home. Embry would have nothing to do with it, he would drink one of those 4 oz formula bottles in a couple minutes. Jasper latched on like a pro but he took forever. And in the end I didnt want to have to nurse one and formula feed the other. I wanted to do the same with both because I'm not a magician. I pumped for them until they were 4 months old and I consider that a small accomplishment because I could get enough milk for all their feedings except one and because I lost ALOT of sleep staying up after they went to bed so I could pump or woke up before they did to pump. And that sleep was gold. I remember the first few nights after we came home from the hospital I had my pillows propped up so high so that I could just hop out of bed every 15-30 minutes (no joke!) Somehow I managed to survive on 1-2 hours of combined sleep. Also in the morning I'd see the pile of diapers we used through the night and it was like 10-12. It was the most sleep deprived time of my life..but also the happiest! Here is a little recap of their first year in pictures!
37 wks.
My csection was at 38 wks. Look at those hot dog fingers.
the day they came home from the hospital
a few days old..
Jasper in the NICU- 2 weeks old
one month old
They used to sleep in this little travel bed in the bed with us! It wasnt very comfortable or restful for me but I was very paranoid after the whole Jasper scare. They finally went to a crib in their own room about 2.5 months.
2 months
3 months
4 months
5 months (just woke up)
6 months
7 months
8 months
9 months
10 months
11 months
p
I have been so bad with the professional picture thing. But I am planning on it soon!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday my little babies...i love you 2 so much .. i loved watching them eat their little cupcakes yesterday...embry such a little cake stealer...and jasper so sweet and soft about everything..Here's to a Happy first year boys...many more to come i can't wait to see them grow up but i love this stage...i love that jssper comes to me without a cry...and how embry reaches for me when someone that he doesn't know very well is holding him...i feel loved all that babysitting pays off..LOL just joking salena i wish i could watch them more .. so just pick a night you need to get out with steven or anytime just call...
Oh man that year flew by fast...it really feels like you just had them. I have always found it a little amusing how when you are about ready to pop (in the end..the last few weeks) it is so miserable...yet when it is all over with...you miss it! I do anyway, and I always think Im nuts. I miss my little babies...
Happy Birthday boys!! And I gotta give it to you for all your effort in trying to nurse those two. Only a mother would do...way to go Salena..it is all smooth sailing from here on out. :)
Oh man that year flew by fast...it really feels like you just had them. I have always found it a little amusing how when you are about ready to pop (in the end..the last few weeks) it is so miserable...yet when it is all over with...you miss it! I do anyway, and I always think Im nuts. I miss my little babies...
Happy Birthday boys!! And I gotta give it to you for all your effort in trying to nurse those two. Only a mother would do...way to go Salena..it is all smooth sailing from here on out. :)
Holy Hannah girl you were big! Its so funny that in most of the pics Jasper is on one side and Embry is on another LOL Well congrats. I have always said God gives very special women more than one at a time because I could NEVER have done what you have. So props to you Mommy for both of them making through the first year!!!
I can't believe that was a YEAR ago!! There's no way! They've grown so fast.
BTW, I have Shawn hooked on BL now.:) Kinda funny. GO BLUE!
What cuties!! I still can't believe how FAST it has gone by!! :0)
Post a Comment