I'm definitely going to go cloth. The number of dirty diapers that come out of my house is ridiculous. I have my own little landfill in the garage. I've been looking at alot of websites that sell them..and they dont seem as difficult to clean as they used to be. They're supposedly way more comfortable for the baby, hold explosions better and even have flushable liners! Plus, they look SO cute on the babies bottoms!
My only problem is there are SO many to choose from. I wish I knew the best brand to go with. So far..I've looked at Baby Kangas , Fuzzi bunz and Thirsties. And there's still plenty of other brands out there to look at.


I like them all. The baby Kangas are cool cause they have a zip pouch that you put the inserts in. The Fuzzi bunz have so many cute colors. But, the Thirsties are cool cause it's an all in one system with no inserts. I dont know..it's so hard to decide when there are so many. Price wise they are around the same. It's gonna be pretty expensive all at once to get enough of these for 2 babies for a 1-2 day supply. But I figured it out and it matches up to about a 5-6 months amount we'd spend on disposables. And the size medium cloth ones will fit them from 12 pounds to 32 pounds! That's so worth it, right?! Now I have to plead my case to Steven...But if he sees the amount we'll save, I'm sure he'll go for it.
11 comments:
I know a few people who prefer cloth also. I'm not sure what kind they use, but let us know what you think. It would definitely mean more laundry, but saving $$$ is usually worth it. If I had a washer/dryer in our apartment I'd probably try them out too. They've gotten pretty cute too! Who knew a baby's bottom could get any cuter.:)
You can even get a diaper service, where they will come to your house and pick them up and bring you clean ones back!
My mom used cloth diapers back in the day, because thats all there was back then. You should start dressing in 50 dresses! And getting milk delivered to your house from the milk man! Those were the days, not that I would know....
I was pretty dedicated to cloth nappies for a whopping 3 days and even took them to Nz with me... then i threw in the towl if you know what i mean. Goooood Luck.. you can have my flower print clothies and velcro's if you want.
I have a friend that loves cloth ones!! Good luck with that, any amount of money you can save makes you breath a little easier!!
well good luck! i hope it works out well for you! i don't think i could do it!
Salena, allow me to introduce you to Danielle. You can find her here: http://calebanddanielle.blogspot.com/search/label/Cloth%20Diapers
She's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to cloth diapers.
Good luck!!
I LOVE this idea Salena!! It is so crazy how many diapers we go through, gross! I think i might go cloth!!
Let me know how the cloth diapers work. Sounds like the way to go. Plus they're cuter. You can match colors with outfits. lol
I don't know much about them now days...Im sure they are so much better then they used to be. I never knew they came in all those colors. They look like so much fun...I think Im liking the first group better...the style anyway...Im not liking the white velcro so much...but what do I know??
Hope it is an easier move for you!
WAY 2 GO salena....;) sounds fun or not...j/k
Post a Comment