Sunday, May 18, 2008

I HATE YOU baby weight!!!

This is just getting ridiculous! I lost 40 pounds in 2 weeks after having the twins (I had gained 60!) And I thought ..at that rate I would be back to my pre-twins weight in a month or 2 because I was trying to eat good. Well, that NEVER happened. I've been eating SOO bad ever since I had the babies! Luckily thanks to B-feeding I havent gained any back..but also thanks to breastfeeding I am HUNGRIER than ever! I am still wearing my pregnancy pants and I hate it cause I refuse to buy more clothes at this size. Anyways, I have to actually start trying! "Starting tommorrow" (I say this too much) I am going to do taebo or the treadmill everyday and not eat after 6pm...which is when I usually do all my bad eating. I used to not let a day go by without excercise...I want to be that person again. I have to do this everyday and I have to start NOW because the end of next month is my brother in law's wedding in Utah. And I dont know about you, but I HATE going on trips feeling disgusting and fat. I was going through pictures to scan the other day for that post I did about my ward friends and I almost had a heart attack when I ran across these pictures! Who was this 55 pound lighter person?! I dont even remember being her. It must've been nice. I've never been a toothpick..but I'd be perfectly happy being that size again. It's funny cause I do remember thinking I needed to lose 20 pounds back then! HA! So, I have 20 pounds to get to pre-twinners weight..and 35 pounds to get to pre-Bastien weight! That's alot. But I HAVE to do it before my 25th bday...I'm tired of feeling lazy and fat. Also, like that guy on the biggest loser said " I want to lose weight before my kids realize I'm fat!"
BOOO!!

9 comments:

kemra said...

Give youself some credit - 40 lbs is tons to lose in the first few months, let alone the first 2 weeks! I think you look great!

I am trying the whole not eating past a certain time too - I have started gaining weight since I stopped nursing Cohen - and I need to put an end to it!!! It is so stinking hard though - I just love food!

Camille Witter said...

ahh the continuous struggle to lose wieght! Why cant it be easier? You'd think with all the technology these days they would have figured out by now how to get rid of fat without crazy surgerys or all the lame other ways there is to get rid of it. I to find myself in this perdicament. We should have our own biggest loser and take pictures of ourselfs and send them to each other on email (so no one else can see) and see who can be the biggest loser in the end :) We have to take pictures like they do, with a sports bra and those really flattering spandex shorts! HA what blackmail that could turn into!

Shawn and Tasha said...

I agree with Kemra, you need to give yourself some credit. First off, I've always felt that it's what's on the inside that makes a person truly shine. But having that said, I feel more confident, have more energy & actually want to do things when I feel a little better about myself. I agree that it's important to take care of yourself too, which seems extra hard with kids. I am SO much hungrier while nursing, even compared to when I'm pregnant! It's hard to eat healthier, but when I actually do I feel a ton better.

Your boys are so handsome Salena! I love these new pix of them!:)

Anonymous said...

You know, you are reminding me of myself after i'd had a baby. The hunger thing with nursing is a killer. It always got me too. Don't beat yourself up girl. You look great! I am a firm believer in exercising and the way it makes you feel. It is all in how you FEEL about the way you look, and if you are not FEELING great, then by all means..do it! Funny that you should bring this up now cause David and I just started again this morning. i miss that feeling too, and have been feeling like crap also...and Im grumpier then ever when Im not happy with myself. So Im right there with you! Stay positive...and you look great Salena...

Anonymous said...

Girl- do not stress! It took time to put that weight on and it will take time to get it off. I lost a ton right after Odin was born, but it slowly kept trying to come back, just keep trying and it will all work out!

Jill said...

I so know what your going through and you had twins so whats my excuse?? I do the whole tomorrow thing too but then I get hungry and tomorrow goes to hell in a handbasket! If you want a diet and exercise partner hit me up!

Nate and Kristen said...

I feel your pain Salena! It's soo hard to lose the baby fat! I'm going through the same exact thing right now!

Bekah Parker said...

When is the wedding?? YOu had better call me when you get up here.

Tina ♥ said...

First of all, you look great! Second, I totally hear ya. I lost all the baby weight the first week or so, but with nursing, I am so hungry! So, it's hard now. But you look great and your boys are so big and super cute!!!