Thursday, October 2, 2008

tattle tell

I was getting out of the car with the kids a couple weeks ago. Both my hands are occupied with carseats so I kinda have to count on Bastien to walk near me. Well Bastien was walking ahead of me and all the sudden I see a pit bull just standing there right in front of us. My heart dropped because it was staring at Bastien. It starts doing its bizness, and then I see the owner just standing outside the door watching it. I gave him a pretty nasty look because first of all, he's crapping right in front of my bedroom window. Which also solved the mystery of who doesnt pick their dogs crap up. But then, he doesnt even have his stupid PIT BULL on a leash!?
Then I see the news how some guy is attacked by 2 and is just completely messed up, and the cops had to shoot the dogs off. Also my brother Sione was attacked by one when he was little. It just like attached himself to his chin. I remember seeing him come through the front door with blood everywhere.
So yesterday, I called the apartment office and asked if they allowed pit bulls here, she said no. And the lady said she was going to send them a letter saying they need to get rid of it. I feel kinda bad for telling on them and I'm not one of those neighbors who complain on you (unless you own a pitbull). But at the same time...those things are SO unpredictable. And I dont want my kid to not have a face because some idiot decides to let alone own one..but also NOT use a leash! (sorry if you have one, but I hate them)

6 comments:

Jill said...

Screw that! be a tattle tell!!! Those dogs were bred to kill and no matter how much love and attention you give them, they can snap at any minute! I would never let them near my children! More people need to be like you, responsible for everyone around them You never know if you saved someones life by reporting that thing!!

The Ayers Family said...

Kudos to you! I would have done the same thing, but maybe not as nicely... I tend to fly off the handle pretty easily when it comes to common sense and the safety of my children. :)

Camille Witter said...

you little tattler! just kidding, nieghbors can be annoying, and who knows if some time this fall/winter you would want to open your bedroom window, and i'm sure you dont wanna smell dog shiZ!

Tina ♥ said...

I would do the same thing. You have kids to protect, and they can be scary! Go you!

Michelle Bebe said...

I would have actually gotten the kids inside and confronted the neighboor myself first! What a jerk! Letting his dog dooty on your property! NO WAY! Then I would have told the office, FO SHO.

I used to have a pitbull/rotwiller mix. Roxy. She got hit by a car, but she was pretty crazy. If you don't take the time to train them, they can be WAY scary!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Way to go! I would be so mad if one of my residents had a pitbull! Especially since they aren't allowed in most properties. That would have freaked me out too. I'm currently annoyed by stupid cats that like to poop outside our front area. It's so disgusting!!! As if we don't have enough bums to clean already.:)